The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Palm Reading for Magicians - Paul Voodini and Luke Jermay (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S14810

MagicTricks UK and Magic Direct is proud to introduce to you expert Palm Reader and Magician, Paul Voodini. Introduced to us by Luke Jermay, this excellent combination bring you the only available "Palm Reading for Magicians" expert and extensive guide on the market... want to increase your bookings tenfold by being a little different, this is exactly what you have been looking for...complete with full instructional 2 DVD Set, 50 page book and quick reference card, this is the ultimate guide to Palm Reading for Magicians.

When working at wedding receptions, corporate events, and dinner parties, why is it that Paul Voodini always has crowds of spectators around him? Why is it that long after the "regular" magicians have packed away their sponge balls and gone home, the events organisers are stuffing money into Paul's hands and begging him to stay for another hour or two? The answer is simple - palm reading!

Quoted as, "He's so much more than just a magician!" - After watching this DVD, they'll be saying the same about you too.

Packed into 2 DVDs, a reference card and handy 50 page book, Palm Reading for Magicians is a concise guide to reading palms and how to incorporate these skills into your close-up magic and mentalism routines. By becoming a magician or mentalist who can also offer palm readings, you are elevating yourself above the rest! There are lot's of superb ideas by both Paul Voodini and Luke Jermay to help you on your way. Your routines will take on a new level of resonance and meaning, and you will be seen as more than a "finger flicker" or somebody who is just "very clever".

This seems tempting since I'm a beginner in the Palm Reading field.
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
There are better sources for less money that do not subsidize a plagiarist like Jermay. The voodini text is adequate, but if you're going to spring for a DVD set, go for leaping lizards. It's a little more expensive, but the book is far better, and I suspect the DVDs will be as well.
DekEl
View Profile
Inner circle
Creates MindTricks. Has exactly:
1172 Posts

Profile of DekEl
I know that Paul's work is excellent and I have most of his various writings including Palm Reading for Magicians (which is an excellent no fluff break down), I can't exactly speak for Jermay, although he's made some splendid things I've read some questionable things about him as well, but this looks like a solid offering.
You can purchase my works at: http://www.GetMindTricks.com
espmagic
View Profile
Special user
979 Posts

Profile of espmagic
This is a good little booklet for everyone geting into the field, but it does take more than a just the desire to show a trick or two. As an ex-palm reader, the material is good. My compliments on putting this together!

Lee
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1783 Posts

Profile of Voodini
Quote:
On 2012-10-24 23:49, JohnWells wrote:
There are better sources for less money that do not subsidize a plagiarist like Jermay. The voodini text is adequate, but if you're going to spring for a DVD set, go for leaping lizards. It's a little more expensive, but the book is far better, and I suspect the DVDs will be as well.

Just to set the record straight - Luke Jermay has not and does not receive a penny for appearing on the DVD. He agreed to appear as a personal favour to me, for which I am very grateful.
Voodini - cold reading, past life regressions, remote viewing, Q&A, palm reading, bizarre & seance...
www.readerofminds.co.uk
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
In that case, go for it.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
I have Paul's PDF, and it is very solid stuff. When people ask me how to get into palm reading, it is one of the two things I recommend. So I would be very surprised if the DVD is not equally solid.
LukeBrady
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of LukeBrady
Just got mine in the mail today. I will do a full review this weekend. The little card that comes with it is a nice touch I must say!
LukeBrady
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of LukeBrady
A review on Palm:

After watching it, I actually thought it was great. As a student of hypnosis as well as magic, I know the price is just right I think. Little more than the average trick, to keep the hobbyists away. But cheap in the sense of how much VALUE you can give to a performance and interaction. THIS is why they will remember you!

The little card that comes with it is a great little add on because I can keep it in my wallet and review it as needed the next few weeks. Also makes a great glide for CTW. If anyone ever sees it, they will ask and off you go into a routine!

There are only two effecst that are shown on the disc set, magic effects that is. Which I didn't seem to think was a low amount because in the final thoughts Paul encourages you to think of all the effects out there and how you can tie Palm Readings into them. Get creative! Luke Jermay has great insight onto how to use a line or two in existing effects you do to test the waters and wait to see how long before people ASK YOU to do a palm reading. I thought that was brilliant!
The interview with Jermay is great. I saw a lot of value in that. Watch it a couple times in case there are things you miss. Great scripts and ideas of how to block risky topics. I have always been a bit skeptical of readings but Paul and Luke said it in the talk, you don't need a crib sheet because you use their hand. If you like to carry less gimmicks and props, so much the better! Memorize a few things and everything you need is right there for you.

Even if you don't do straight palm readings it will surely make your magic different and really, I think that is worth it in itself!
Great job Paul!
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1783 Posts

Profile of Voodini
Thanks for the review Luke. glad you enjoyed it! Smile

Further reviews can also be seen here:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=303&6
Voodini - cold reading, past life regressions, remote viewing, Q&A, palm reading, bizarre & seance...
www.readerofminds.co.uk
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
I've been using Paul's pdf since it came out. I've seen Paul entertain running palm reading workshops to the general public. It remains some of the most popular parts of my own evening shows. People love to hear about themselves. Even when they characteristics don't match up people still love to here about them. Only just got the DVD, but it covers how to do a good reading for entertainment. You've got more than enough here to do a 5/10 minute reading that engages and covers most areas. The strength of Paul's palm reading material is that it gives you a structure for the reading. It doesn't just give you the meanings of the different parts of the hand it gives you a clear structure, almost like a magic routine script. I've been using this structure with a few additional elements and it works very well. Is been my fall back skill when asked to show what I do as a performer for a few years now. I've used it for fairs and psychic evenings and I get repeat bookings and I'd say the palmistry is a big part of that. Until you've spent an evening rushed off your feet reading hand after hand you can't understand the appeal of palm readings. As has been said Palm reading is a massively useful skill as you'll never be caught out unable to entertain with it in your arsenal. People have mentioned the price, but honestly £50 is nothing for material that will more than earn itself back in one event. A couple of hours doing quick readings the material pays for itself several times over. Even if you only use it as a fall back to avoid being caught unprepared to perform still massively useful.
Exitmat
View Profile
Special user
641 Posts

Profile of Exitmat
This looks excellent.
Exitmat
View Profile
Special user
641 Posts

Profile of Exitmat
Just got this. It's absolutely fantastic. Two DVDs, a book, and a really cool cheat card to put in your wallet.

Very thorough info, and yet the routine is very easy to learn. Paul does a reading. He then explains his outline for how he does it. why he does it that way, and how he goes about giving the reading. He then teaches two magic effects to combine with palm reading, and talks about how to incorporate palm reading in with magic and mentalism. After everything is taught the routine is performed on the street for two different spectators, so you get to see how Paul puts the routine into action by combining it with a simple card effect. Great stuff.

There's also a fantastic sit down interview between Luke Jermay and Paul in which they discuss their ideas on how to handle people who invest too much in it (beyond just entertainment), thoughts on doing two readings at once as a double reading for close friends and couples, palm reading over the phone, giving a reading for a girl vs. a guy, etc. Lots of great bits in the interview that I found to be really helpful and informative.

There's lots of info here. The routine is something that really is quite easy, but you'll want to revisit the info often to pick up all that's there to really get the most out of it. The whole package is really beautiful. I was really impressed when I opened it. The book it comes with is great and the cheat card you can keep in your wallet for studying/reviewing was a great idea that I'm really glad they added to the set.

Top notch product. Probably my favorite release of the year too as I know this is something I'll use for the rest of my life, and I'll always have it with me.

Just wanted to share some thoughts as I really think this is a great set that others will enjoy as well. Smile
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1783 Posts

Profile of Voodini
Nice review on Jheff's Marketplace of the Mind: http://www.marketplaceofthemind.com/palmread.html
www.readerofminds.co.uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Palm Reading for Magicians - Paul Voodini and Luke Jermay (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL