The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Reel magic 30 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Download would be even better.

I'm salivating at the thought of a downloadable mp4 of RMM for my iPad.

Kozmo, I'll love you forever if you do it. Smile
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Jamie, theres a file on the disc now that you can put on your smart device....did you know this Smile ?

we have 8 streamed back issues up on the site hidden now that were testing....all back issue and current issues will be available

Plus there will be a lot of additional stuff up there that's free plus metadata so you can search a subject....say double lift. It will tell you where every mention of double lift is on the site...so you can research topics on the site....as the site grows it will continue to provide more info....

its what we do, why doesn't everryone get reel magic?
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
By the way jamie, I would love to lecture in edinbourough around blackpool? any connections?
I havent done ireland yet either?
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Hi Kozmo

Contact Ian at the Edinburgh Magic Circle. I'll pm you his number as I doubt that he'd want me to post it here.

Ireland, I wouldn't have a clue.

I knew about the mp4 on the RMM DVD but to have it as an instant download would be brilliant as it means us wee Scots could get the new RMM as soon as its released.

Best

Jamie
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Great pubs in Edinburgh! And the most amazing Deep fried Mars bars. The perfect meal to help sooth the effects of a long night.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

My favourite is deep fried ice cream. It sounds like it wouldn't work but trust me, there's nothing like it.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Well streaming then....it works nicely I think
Funnybaldbloke
View Profile
Veteran user
Preston, England
382 Posts

Profile of Funnybaldbloke
I wasn't aware of the file on the disc but I know I'd prefer to be able to download RMM direct from the site on day of release.

Tony
Tomorrow's bottom of the bill...Today!
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Tony, go to the extras menu on the dvd and it will tell you how to download the file....streaming is a bit more secure than downloads, not that it matters. I mean no one would steal it right Smile

this streaming thing works really good guys...all you need is the net. And the net is everywhere. Plus you can log on from any computer. And youre allowed 3 IP addresses...so your lap top, your phone and your desktop....

koz
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Bràth
3640 Posts

Kozmo

Streaming eats into my data allowance, especially when I'm travelling which is when I have downtime to watch RMM. It effectively increases the price of access.

I'm aware of the potential for nasty pirates to get hold of mp4 files this but isn't that the case anyway with the file provided on the DVD?

I've been buying RMM on an ad hoc basis to date. If you offered an mp4 download you'd have one more regular subscriber for life Smile

Also, consider all of that extra revenue you'd unlock from previous issues where your costs have already been sunk.

Please do consider it, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would prefer this type of service.

J
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Were too deep into streaming at this point.....we have a lot invested.....i get the data allowance but this works nicely...it works like net flicks...

we cant go back...
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Were going to have one on my site for people to get for free to see if they like it......

we think you will... Smile
Funnybaldbloke
View Profile
Veteran user
Preston, England
382 Posts

Profile of Funnybaldbloke
Kozmo,

Thanks for pointing out the file, funny I never noticed it before. It's now transferred to my Apple TV to watch in all it's glory.

I understand why you've gone for streaming and I'll certainly give it a try. Will you still be putting the mp4 file on the physical DVD? I'd rather have it on my computer and devices to watch whenever I like, regardless of Internet connection.
I know piracy is a concern and more and more sites are using streaming nowadays but I'm one of those people who still prefer to have the physical item as well.

Good luck with the project and, after seeing the teaser, I'm certainly looking forward to the next issue.

Cheers,

Tony
Tomorrow's bottom of the bill...Today!
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Tony as much as we would love to end the disc we doubt highly that that will happen anytime soon.....no the file and the disc will continue. Glad you now know about it and it working nicely for you....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Reel magic 30 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL