The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Effects,Routines about "Diamonds!" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MaXiMoN
View Profile
Regular user
Morocco
125 Posts

Profile of MaXiMoN
Hi everyone
Im interest in routines or effects that turn around Diamonds theme or use "fake" diamonds as prop in a nice direct way
I'll start by this one :
"Réve" by Arthur Tivoli (in Tivoliland 2) if you hadnt the chance to see it...
it turns around the idea of turning lead into diamonds and its pretty much what happens in a "fl--h of fire"
it looks like real magic but the handling don't suit me quit well and Im working on it
I think you get the idea now any other resources will be very appreciated.

Regards
MaximoN
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
The candy kiss machine can be used to turn coal into diamonds.

http://www.vikingmagic.com/Candy%20Kiss-......me=candy
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
There are various necklace routines and one of the nicest ones that comes to mind was called "Savoy" and was made by Al Koran (this did not use a diamond initially, but one could substitute the heart locket for one); I believe Mikame based their Heart of Gold effect on Savoy.

Suzanne Sinclair (The Magic of Suzanne) does an absolutely beautiful cups & balls routine with a cupload of small, loose diamonds as the finale. One could also use those huge glass diamonds sold as novelties in this matter.

Pea Cans have also been used to affect various styles of transformations into diamonds.

There are the nicely made versions of the Hot Rod that use zirconium settings.

That is all I can think of off the top of my head, and I know there are far more to be mentioned. I hope this is what you are looking for and that it is at least somewhat useful to you.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
2 in hand, 1 in pocket routine with small pieces of coal. Finish by making turn into a large "diamond".
AndyLuka
View Profile
Elite user
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
440 Posts

Profile of AndyLuka
Quote:
On 2012-10-26 01:29, pepka wrote:
2 in hand, 1 in pocket routine with small pieces of coal. Finish by making turn into a large "diamond".

I love things like this! I love old tricks with new props. Diamond Jim Tyler does a spellbound routine with different colored rocks. And we all know Chad Long's awesome color changing flash drives.

I think Its the nerd in me
Making Magic and Fantasy a reality in a world where our reality can sometimes be rather cruel

Http://www.lukamagic.com -That's Me

Http://www.deceptionsmke -My Show
JustinVisible
View Profile
Elite user
South Jersey/Philadelphia Areas
453 Posts

Profile of JustinVisible
I am not vouching for this demo video LOL but the trick, DIAMOND TWIST by Alan Wong, is a great one... I have this with a red diamond to match the card and I think you can find even larger gem stones at your local arts & crafts store in the floral planter sections.

PURCHASE: http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/

DEMO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjUJc4OmrQU

Cheers,

Justin
"If they laugh, it's funny..."
Rick Holcombe
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Rick Holcombe
There's always the old Hot Rod paddle trick. Or Jumping Gems
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2956 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
If you insist on using diamonds, I recommend starting with the presentation, and then a method. To me, what diamonds represent, and the stories they reveal are much more interesting than the objects themselves.
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
JustinVisible said:
Quote:
...I think you can find even larger gem stones at your local arts & crafts store in the floral planter sections...

Those are exactly the ones I was thinking of when I said "huge glass diamonds" in my first post above. Thanks Justin.

@Close.Up.Dave: Well said!
sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
I've thought a lot about the Coal to Diamond effect. Here's my take:

Get one of these Tea Strainers from any kitchen store:

http://www.orensdailyroast.com/shopprodu......t_Id=238

Wrap your diamond in flash paper and palm it. Bring out a lump of coal (same hand where the diamond is palmed) and talk about how diamonds are made... "deep in the earth with intense heat and pressure and time. We'll use this to simulate a lump of coal deep in the earth" Wrap the coal in flash paper. Switch in the flash-paper-wrapped diamond as you say "I'll place the lump of coal in here to simulate it being deep inside the earth". Place flash-paper-covered diamond into the tea strainer. Now go to your pocket to get the lighter (while you're there ditch the coal).

Hold the flame beneath the tea strainer and light it off. This gives you a great "visual" change from coal to diamond. Open the strainer and dump the gem into spectator's hands... warn them that it may still be warm.

Anyone else have ideas for the Coal to Diamond effect?

sdmagic
MaXiMoN
View Profile
Regular user
Morocco
125 Posts

Profile of MaXiMoN
Thank you guys for this inspiring contributions
everybody's comments were fantastic
if there is any other ideas or directions please don't hesitate
I want to hear'em all if I could

PS : I remembered another fascinating example the one from mystery school book
where a lead turn into a gold coin gift using a raven...

Quote:
On 2012-10-27 20:42, sdmagic wrote:
I've thought a lot about the Coal to Diamond effect. Here's my take:

Wrap your diamond...

sdmagic

ur describing (revealing/exposing!!!) the effect I gave as an example its the routine from tivoliland
(in wich it demand a handling that allows a big production climax that I didn't like)
but tivoli's idea is awesome
back to the subject any other inspirations guys Smile

peace
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
Don't forget Barry Mitchell's routine, "The Mother of All Diamonds."

Dan.
snowpuppy
View Profile
Veteran user
Juneau,Alaska
325 Posts

Profile of snowpuppy
Like Rick H.,Jumping Gems and not a Diamond but Werry's Starcrash,where a spectators Ring vanishes and reappears inside a Ruby Red Star which explodes to reveal the ring come to mind.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Effects,Routines about "Diamonds!" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL