The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » NEW Eric Evans Release (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Many years have passed since Eric Evans released any new material from his collection of ideas.
He now has a new manuscript featuring card workers.

While most of it is applicable for street workers, not everything in it is suitable for sidewalks.
Some is suited for inside work and at least one trick can be used for circle shows.
Eric includes his patter for this one. It always gets laughs, big ones.

One of the tricks is direct from Cellini, it is previously unpublished and he's guarded the secret
for years, never performing it around other magicians. It is one of the tricks that is suited for
"inside" work and perfect for those times where you want to impress some friends.
It's incredibly easy to do and it kills.

Another is a previously unpublished trick from his first teacher Ernest Earick.
It's not easy to do, but card guys will love it.

Profusely illustrated (that's what is taken all the time now), you'll be guaranteed to get something from
them, something you'll prize and showcase for years to come. Some of this is advanced work so don't expect
to do it all after a week of work. But some of it is easy too and you'll be able to perform the tricks
concerned almost immediately (that is after you've devoted enough time to rehearsal) upon learning the secrets.

Do note that this manuscript is spiral bound so the pages lie flat for easier studying and preservation
of the material from having to fold and bend your pages. It's a great quality piece of media, not a flimsy booklet.

If this gets enough interest, look for a dvd on the project next year I'm told.

Pre-publication price is $20.00 plus shipping. When they're printed up, they'll be priced at $25-30.
Important note, you must figure out the shipping fee from your location and add it to the paypal amount.
I learned that the hard way, duh!

If you're interested, paypal is the best way for payment. Just make sure and include your shipping address.
The paypal account is under iconicmagic@gmail.com

Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1538 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
Now *this* sounds interesting!

I'm not a card guy, but to have one of Slydini's own unpublished workers? I'd say that's worth the price of admission alone.
Seriously going to have to ponder this...

And it's rare you see anyone doing the Down's Coin Star anymore! Nice shot!
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
"And it's rare you see anyone doing the Down's Coin Star anymore! Nice shot!"Tom Frank does a great job at it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpZO4rrlYoE
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
@Ekuth: I think you meant Cellini, but yes this project does sound interesting!
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1538 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
Cellini... sorry, was watching Slydini clips on YouTube, so had him on the brain. Too many "ini's"... lol.

Good clip of Tom Frank- I have his linking rings routine and it's one of the best I've seen.
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
G.Gilbert
View Profile
Elite user
baltimore
495 Posts

Profile of G.Gilbert
The best card work I've seen (that works well on the street) comes from Eric Evans.. via Cellini and Earnest Eric... I'm actually a little upset that he's tipping so much of this!
Mowee
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of Mowee
Yeah but I have already told Eric I am in on this one. Can't wait.
vernon
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
559 Posts

Profile of vernon
Thanks D. Looks like a worthwhile investment. The photograph Is a plus. Met Eric once and saw him pull a huge crowd nay.. Audience Great performance and show. He was very gracious and good to 'hang' with, albeit for a short time at St. Wendel street festival.

Very well structured show with ( if I remember),multiple callbacks.

I'm sure a great many will benefit from the book. And to see the Downs coin star by Frank... Sheesh. I tried it years ago when I bought the hardback of Bobos..

Thanks for sharing, it made my day.

JJ
Eric Evans
View Profile
Special user
Rio Grande
668 Posts

Profile of Eric Evans
That's very nice of you to remember James. I much enjoyed that festival, for the company as much as for Georg (the great German beer!) and his excellently run, public event.

Years ago, Cellini was doing a series of videos on street performing. He asked me to do a set of card tricks for the videos. I guess because I was one of the few magicians that he knew that did mainly card tricks on the street at the time. Alas, I didn't do as he asked. That's the only time I didn't.

This material works everywhere; from street to stage. There's expert stuff here as well as novice work. Everyone will get something from it. All exhaustively explained and illustated with line drawings that have taken entirely too long to complete. What else might you expect from an "Artiste"?

If you want to know something about how to play cards big, ANYWHERE, these "notes" will be a good place to start.

A heartfelt thanks to Devious for posting this here.
vernon
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
559 Posts

Profile of vernon
Hi Eric, yes there were some great times in St. Wendel... The morning I got back to edin, kicked out 6 shows, and did good. Had a great time. Even enjoyed the flowers Todd gave me.

Anyway, I'd live a copy of the book but don't have my PayPal verified at the moment Will do when I get home to Oz.

In Malaysia at present till end of Nov...

Keep a copy and let me know how I can pay...

Best of best regards

JJ
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
I enjoyed our time together in St Wendal as well, as I said to you over breakfast I love your book The Secret Art of Magic!
I put my order in on back order I hope to have it soon.

I have been booked in addvance for St Wendal 2013 so perhaps we will see you again next summer.
Mario
fireperformer911
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of fireperformer911
Ordered my notes today can't wait!!!!!!
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
I recieved a question in a pm about these being available in a pdf format.
The answer is no, due to the proliferation of illegal file sharing.

Please feel free to pm Eric with any questions about this project.

Having said that, I was also asked about the contents of the material.
Eric is still adding items to the finished project, but here is what I received.

The LePaul 360--this is Cellini's work on the LePaul Spread Pass. There is an inherently weak angle to this Pass.
Cellini solved it completely and I simply added a subtlety that makes it more convincing in fast company.

Card to Pocket--Cellini's work on a Classic. From Close-up to Circle, it's a killer with a Climax that leaves them all stunned.

Zorro with One Hand-- A one-handed version of a Looey Simonoff trick. Ernie's contribution changed it to a one-handed sleight.

The Broadside Dribble--This is something he's used in fast company for years, it'll fly by the best card men in the world.

Ernie and Bruce meet with Erdnase at my place--This is his work on the fastest, most deceptive palm there is.
According to Eric, it has fooled EVERYONE without exception.

The Pro Kangaroo--I've used this trick in formal settings, Stage work, and Circle Shows.

Piercing the Veil--My work on the Classic Card thru Handkerchief

Al Baker Dances on the Street--A beautiful trick for any setting, Al Baker's Walking, Jumping Card.
Eric updated it for instant reset. You'll require a specialized utility item and includes his handlings for a various settings.

Rosini works the Street--This one you'll be able to perform as soon as you know the secret, it's a doozy, and has fooled many fine magicians along the way.

Collector's--An unpublished trick from Ernest Earick, suitable for close-up work.

Card thru the Table--This is the trick that I've guarded for some years now. Cellini's creation,
This close-up miracle happens in the spectator's hand.

Once again, please feel free to pm Eric with any further questions.
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Eric Evans
View Profile
Special user
Rio Grande
668 Posts

Profile of Eric Evans
I'm still getting orders at the pre-publication price. This offer is no longer valid as I've completed production. I do appreciate the interest and the great response that I've received, but the price is now $30 plus shipping.

The pre-pub orders are shipping out Monday so if you've ordered the manuscript previously, you can begin looking for them shortly thereafter.

To those that have been waiting, thank you for your patience.
fireperformer911
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of fireperformer911
Got Eric Evans notes yesterday. Wow they are great and one of the Tricks is going to be my new FINALE!!!
Gary T.
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of Gary T.
Never-before-seen card magic huh? sounds right up my alley, now I just need to come up with the cash.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » NEW Eric Evans Release (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL