The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The October 2012 entrée: Christopher Taylor » » Electronic impromptu? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

espmagic
View Profile
Special user
979 Posts

Profile of espmagic
Christopher - given that the basic nature of electronic effects requires some(!) set-up, the degree of which depending on the effect itself and the performance venue, what would your opinion be of an "apparently" impromptu electronic effect? Of course, the "impromptu" part being able to carry it with you all of the time, and use it when called upon, with little to no other set up? And, of course, what would you suggest?

Lee
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
When I am working on a new idea, I often carry the required items with me, including electronic devices, so that I can perform with them at the drop of a hat to work out the bugs. After years of doing that I am comfortable carrying the necessary transmitter or receiver but it means that during those periods of R&D, I am always, "on the job" . As a result, when I am not working out bugs on an electronic item, I take a break from them unless I am on a gig. Usually when the true impromptu moment comes I pullout some business cards and go totally low-tech.

So, what suggestions do I have out all that? There are a number of electronic products that lend themselves especially to the impromptu. My friend Craig Filicetti's eWallet is perfect for impromptu situations. My Eclipse coin purse (especially the modern version) is also good. Based on an idea by Andrew Gerard, I have a nice version of Equinox that turns any jacket pocket into an "impromptu Equinox". At magic conventions, I usually carry a single OHM sensor and a receiver to create some miraculous impromptu effects. OHM is a snap to carry.

Two final thoughts. Though it requires a partner, NOTHING can beat a Thumper for impromptu. A Thumper is, in my opinion, the most powerful and versatile device available to the mentalist. Lastly, Alone 4-D is next to a Thumper in versatility and power, and no confederate is need (that's why it's called "ALONE). Cheers.

CT
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
espmagic
View Profile
Special user
979 Posts

Profile of espmagic
Thanks for the answers, and the information, Chris! You *are* da man!

Lee
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The October 2012 entrée: Christopher Taylor » » Electronic impromptu? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL