The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » On The Spot - Goshman pinch help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Asaka
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of Asaka
Hey, Guys, I am practicing the 3/4 across from On the spot.
I just have difficulty in reproducing the coin from goshman pinch.
I am ok in getting the coin in the goshman pinch position,however, Greg seems reproduce it so easily and doesn't explain much on how to reproduce the coin in the video.
He just said rotate and turn over the hand, and he caught the coin.

I just follow what he did in the video, and the coin is still holding in my back of finger ( by my thumb) when I turn over my hand , but isn't holding in my fist.

Please help! Many Thanks!!
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Welcome to the Café, Asaka! Dan Watkins is an expert with the Goshman Pinch and a member here. I'd PM him for some advise.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Hi Asaka, I am not sure what you are doing, but this is the recovery I use. First, the coin is in Tenkai Pinch (the correct name for the position, Goshman Pinch was a misnomer given to the position by Bobo). Curl the fingers inward, and grab the free end with the middle finger, which presses the coin against the knuckle of the fourth finger. using the third finger and pinky,. slide the coin over the joint, against the tip of the fourth finger. Now, you can push it into classic palm, let it fall into finger palm, etc. Hope that helps! You can see a detailed description in the Encyclopedia of Coin Sleights.
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
I also put in play the tip of my thumb, and take the coin over the top of the two middle fingers.

A "sleight" up and down(minor) happens at the same time.

Though it is a cliche, better practice makes for a better(not perfect results)

Things that get in the way of perfection, include weather, what you just had to eat, fatigue...etc, etc. etc.

You might find it easier in your non-dominant hand.
Then you can learn it, and do at the same time with both hands...for some interesting routining possibilities.

Harris
still with palms of aluminum foil for a lighter touch in coin magic.
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Owen Thomas
View Profile
Special user
504 Posts

Profile of Owen Thomas
I quickly throw my hand down leaving then coin in the air for a second and catch it.
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
928 Posts

Profile of Martino
Just use your thumb to drag it back into the hand as you turn the hand back to palm up.
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I never have gotten this sleight working well. Can't do it at all when my hands are too dry; even properly moisturized the coin has about a 50/50 chance of dropping to the table or floor. For the few routines where I would normally have to use the Tenkai Pinch I instead use a Back Thumb Palm. Works for me!

Thanks!

Jim
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
I use my thumb also to drag the coin
back in the hand.you must swivel the hand
around in a horizontal position so not
to expose the coin if your exchanging
one for another.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Asaka, you got a lot of good instruction here and you should be able to do this now. When you get better with it, there's more you can do with this basic move. Check out my "10 Switch" and my "Clean Hands" applications and make this baby rock! Smile

Here's what the good Doctor above, Michael Rubinstein had to say about its usage in my "Ike & Mike's Revenge." Smile

Quote:
On 2012-01-28 16:44, Michael Rubinstein wrote:
Marion was nice enough to send me his effect. It is a nice effect where a coin continiually goes from one hand to the other. What I really really like about the routine is the way Marion can openly show one coin in his hand, hiding an extra one at the same time. *He also teaches a nice tenkai palm recovery, which allows you to display one coin in his hand, again hiding a second one. It is a very nice move, and very illusive!

And here's what the move looks like. Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xgguz3H2jcU
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Reonaru
View Profile
New user
Venezuela
86 Posts

Profile of Reonaru
Wow Mr Marion !!! I missed you so simple and straightforward to do good magic ...
Leonard Rangel

@El.Mentalista

www.LEONARDRANGEL.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » On The Spot - Goshman pinch help (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL