The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I'm Back!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
Woohoo!! I am back online!

I am still out in Orange County but I just got a new laptop (the new Sharp RD10 something or other). This thing is FAST!

It is now going to replace my old computer (which is in storage). I know I missed a lot but I am back now!

Feels good!

Chris
djvirtualreality
View Profile
Inner circle
MayfieldNew York
1347 Posts

Profile of djvirtualreality
Great to see you back Chris.....I missed ya Smile
Life is an illusion, death is reality.
Mya Angel
View Profile
Special Assistant
California
1396 Posts

Profile of Mya Angel
Hey Chris, Welcome back to the Café! Smile

Smile
There is nothing that remains so constant as change. Don't end up like concrete, all mixed up and permanently set. Smile

He who slings mud will surely lose ground.
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
You're back?.... Just when we thought it was safe!

(Couldn't help typing the line from Poltergist) Smile

Nice to see you again Seismic and welcome back!
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
Welcome back Seismic.
How did the gig go the other day ?
Chrystal, funny that you mention Poltergeist, I bought the dvd before Halloween and watched it with my son Halloween night after trick or treating ! He really liked it, thought it was very funny !
Go figure.

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
Hey guys thanks for everything!!!

Glen the gig went REALLY well.

Here is my little story:

I get a phone call Saturday morning from my friend who was hiring me to do the gig Saturday. The set up was 6 restaurants with a magician at each one on both Friday and Saturday. So like I was saying, Saturday morning I get a call and it turns out the guy who was at the restaurant on Friday night didn't do his job very well and the managers were upset and complained about him (which OBVIOUSLY isn't good). So that gave me the shakes!! This after all was my first PAID gig. I've done free walk around for churches and stuff. Anyway I had to go to my first Magic Castle meeting with my friend. So we get there and everything is cool. Then my buddy comes by about 1:00 P.M. to pick us up so I unfortunately missed the meeting (everyone was just sessioning hanging out before it started). Traffic was terrible. It took 2 hours to get to my buddies house when it only takes half that time normally. We get there about 3 and get ready, change and everything. Get directions and everything and head out. I get to my restaurant first. The gig was supposed to be from 5:00-8:00. I got there about 4:40. I introduced myself to the managers, apologize to the managers for the night before and told them I will do my best to make them happy. I had some tricks that I absolutely wanted to do but unfortunately they wanted me to work the line the whole night because it was over an hour wait. So I go out and work from about 4:45 to 6:00. I get hungry and decide to take a break. I make sure that is alright the managers and they give me free food and a drink and I take a 20 minute break. Clean up, wash my hands, let the managers know of a problem in the restroom and I go back to work. Now it was getting kind of cold outside and my hands were cold so that made it a little bit hard. It was a great time I got a whole $5 tip! LoL! Had a group of people that were absolutely the best spectators ANYONE could ever have. They scared me at first (some big guys that got a little upset because I talked to their girlfriends, the guys were inside and I didn't know, after a 10 second explanation they were happy).

I ended up having the manager come up to me afterwards and thank me for doing such a great job. Went to Denny's got my check, spent the night at my friend's house and sessioned and watched videos till 2:00 A.M.

Good times!

Chris
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » I'm Back!!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL