The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » My local Houdini story (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
So..... the last Saturday of every September is Hulmeville Day, everyone has a yard sale, it's a lot of fun. I always do blacksmithing demos. This year I chatted with a long time resident about the "Hulmeville Oddfellows Club" of the early 1900's. Apparently the Oddfellows club hosted Harry Houdini when he passed through town. This resident explained that while Houdini was here, he signed the curtains of the stage. As he said this, I envisioned myself sneaking around with a pair of scissors at the old playhouse. He then told me that the last owner of the playhouse threw out all the props and curtains in the 1970s. What an IDIOT! This apparently has been all documented and is for real. Kinda cool, but alas, a letdown.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
You can still go down to the dump, and poke around Smile
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
The words dump and poke have a different meaning over here haha.
SheldonR
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of SheldonR
Quote:
On 2012-10-31 19:35, thegreatnippulini wrote:
So..... the last Saturday of every September is Hulmeville Day, everyone has a yard sale, it's a lot of fun. I always do blacksmithing demos. This year I chatted with a long time resident about the "Hulmeville Oddfellows Club" of the early 1900's. Apparently the Oddfellows club hosted Harry Houdini when he passed through town. This resident explained that while Houdini was here, he signed the curtains of the stage. As he said this, I envisioned myself sneaking around with a pair of scissors at the old playhouse. He then told me that the last owner of the playhouse threw out all the props and curtains in the 1970s. What an IDIOT! This apparently has been all documented and is for real. Kinda cool, but alas, a letdown.

Oh man, that just slays me! I cannot believe they threw that out. Didn't they realize what they had? The curtains have probably completely disintegrated in the dump by now.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
It was common practice in vaudeville theatres, for performers to sign the backstage walls. I've worked in places where I knew the names of some of the performers, and what they did in their acts. Amazing!

Now, though, most of the older places have been either rehabilitated or torn down. The walls are painted black. RIP.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Quote:
On 2012-11-01 09:43, Kondini wrote:
The words dump and poke have a different meaning over here haha.

I'm laughing. You're a bad man, funny but bad........
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » My local Houdini story (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL