The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello from Kiev! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Anton.Kobrynets
View Profile

Ukraine
0 Posts

Profile of Anton.Kobrynets
Quote:
On 2012-12-16 09:37, Ihop wrote:
Pryvit,

Ihop

Pryvit! =) Govorite ukrainskoyu? =)
Anton.Kobrynets
View Profile

Ukraine
0 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-12-16 11:30, Dick Oslund wrote:
Dorogoi droog Anton! --I hope I spelled that right!!!

Jean Hugard was an exceptionally erudite magician (published "Hugard's Magic Monthly" for years. He could express himself very well. His material is easy to understand. When mentoring neophytes in magic,who wanted to learn "cards",I always recommended "ROYAL ROAD"!
(partly because I'm not a "cardician")--although I enjoy watching a "good one"! (Jon Racherbaumer for example)

If you can find a copy, I would also recommend Martin Gardner's "ENCYCLOPEDIA OF IMPROMPTU MAGIC". Avner Eisenberg got his "whole act" from that book! Avner worked with the Karamazov Bros.(jugglers)

"Doc" TARBELL's books, although written in the 1920s, have almost all of the basic principles. (The "patter" he suggests is hopelessly outdated, however.)MARK WILSON'S "COURSE IN MAGIC" (ghosted,I believe by WALTER GIBSON)is beautifully illustrated and well written. It was written for beginners, but I know professionals who have found it useful.

Do not be even slightly embarrassed because you are just beginning! WHEN YOU ARE "GREEN", YOU CAN GET "RIPE"--WHEN YOU GET "RIPE", YOU JUST GET "ROTTEN" (HEE HEE--look at ME!

Hello! =) .... get rotten))) ahaaaa))) If seriously, I am going to discover everything up to 1930 =) Now I'am pleased with the stuff I got from online stores, like 4 kind of hold-outs and a couple of card magic tricks. I think in a month I will get all over the books that you suggested, I've already spent a lot on props, but I will spend even more on literature. That's my way =)
Anton.Kobrynets
View Profile

Ukraine
0 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-12-16 11:39, spartacus wrote:
Welcome to the Café.
I second the Hugard material, especally Hugards Magic Monthly, now on DVD.

Thank You! =)
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Anton,
Welcome & Pryvit from a fellow Ukrainian from USA.

Ihop
Ihor
mch64961
View Profile
New user
TN
82 Posts

Profile of mch64961
Welcome to the Café! You will find a wealth of knowledge here! Have fun!!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello from Kiev! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL