The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Let there be magic! » » Examples of well done instructions... (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

axcreations1
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of axcreations1
I'm going to be releasing a new effect in the near future and would like to do a little research to find examples of well written/constructed instructions.

My effect will include two precision made gimmicks, and while I'm not looking to write a novel-sized book to include, I plan to describe mulitple handlings, bonus routines, include some photo's, etc. As of right now, I was thinking of keeping things between 8-12 double-sided standard pages. Off the top of your head, can anyone tell me of an effect that would cover these things that stands out to you as being really well done?

I appreciate any help you can provide.
Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1633 Posts

Profile of Dorian Rhodell
Anything by Ron Bauer. For 10 bucks you can read and study what I have found to be the best layout and writing instructions to date.

Best,

Dorian
axcreations1
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of axcreations1
Quote:
On 2013-03-10 12:59, Dorian Rhodell wrote:
Anything by Ron Bauer. For 10 bucks you can read and study what I have found to be the best layout and writing instructions to date.

Best,

Dorian

Just saw this now Dorian - thanks for the heads-up!
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Quote:
On 2013-03-10 12:59, Dorian Rhodell wrote:

Best,

Dorian
I'll second that.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Anything by Larry Becker gets my vote.

I would also look at a lot of the classics, such as Tarbell and Hahne.
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Ken Brooke's instructions are THE BEST I have ever read in my 50+ years of performing Magic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Let there be magic! » » Examples of well done instructions... (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL