The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Mr Dark's 5 Shot Tarot (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Al Desmond
View Profile
Inner circle
Secret Mountain Lair in Conifer, Co
1511 Posts

Profile of Al Desmond
And now from the news desk...

GET THIS NOW. I purchased it mainly because I think Outlaw's "work" on their products can't be beat, so when this went on sale, there was no way I was going to pass it up. I figured that it would go on the shelf as a "very proud to own" item of art. And there it would stay.

NO WAY... look I'm 60 years old, already having some brain farts, I sit on my fat rear end all day programming from home in the Rocky Mountains and I can't find my girlfriend (I know she's here somewhere in the house). When I got 5 Shot I looked over the instructions and guess what? If you can add, you got this thing all worked out. You need a crib? There's two cribs right in front of you and the spectator and he/she will never realize that you are reading directly from a script... right there in front of them. Outlaw laid this thing right into your lap. And if you are actually still blessed with a memory... then you can do this in the dark... with your eyes closed.

And the cards... the box... the fonts, the legends... really... I collect antiques and ephemera... these cards would have passed the smell test for me... if I had seen these in an antique mall... I would have never guessed that they were recently manufactured and then aged.

5 shot is light weight, fits in your pocket, briefcase, underwear (I know who you are) or even a suit jacket for those who actually still dress up. It's a 5 minute mental trick or a 20 minute act... it's all up to you... either way you will floor your audience.

GET IT NOW.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2012-12-07 19:01, Al Desmond wrote:
And now from the news desk...

GET THIS NOW. I purchased it mainly because I think Outlaw's "work" on their products can't be beat, so when this went on sale, there was no way I was going to pass it up. I figured that it would go on the shelf as a "very proud to own" item of art. And there it would stay.

NO WAY... look I'm 60 years old, already having some brain farts, I sit on my fat rear end all day programming from home in the Rocky Mountains and I can't find my girlfriend (I know she's here somewhere in the house). When I got 5 Shot I looked over the instructions and guess what? If you can add, you got this thing all worked out. You need a crib? There's two cribs right in front of you and the spectator and he/she will never realize that you are reading directly from a script... right there in front of them. Outlaw laid this thing right into your lap. And if you are actually still blessed with a memory... then you can do this in the dark... with your eyes closed.

And the cards... the box... the fonts, the legends... really... I collect antiques and ephemera... these cards would have passed the smell test for me... if I had seen these in an antique mall... I would have never guessed that they were recently manufactured and then aged.

5 shot is light weight, fits in your pocket, briefcase, underwear (I know who you are) or even a suit jacket for those who actually still dress up. It's a 5 minute mental trick or a 20 minute act... it's all up to you... either way you will floor your audience.

GET IT NOW.

Thanks Al!

Those that have 5 Shot send me an email for the private forum password.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
maxnew40
View Profile
Elite user
402 Posts

Profile of maxnew40
It is easy to do, but I am trying to get all 22 Major Arcana cards and the meaning memorized which takes some time for me. I also feel like I will have to buy a set of the flemish carnie tarot cards also to expand this a bit.

-Max
Tim Dowd
View Profile
Special user
...Making the Magic Happen!
942 Posts

Profile of Tim Dowd
Quote:
On 2012-12-10 11:30, maxnew40 wrote:
It is easy to do, but I am trying to get all 22 Major Arcana cards and the meaning memorized which takes some time for me. I also feel like I will have to buy a set of the flemish carnie tarot cards also to expand this a bit.

-Max

try this for a stack http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......=7492210
Timothy Dowd
...Making the Magic Happen!
http://www.timothydowd.com
These are my points of view; I accept no responsibility for your interpretation of what I just said...
maxnew40
View Profile
Elite user
402 Posts

Profile of maxnew40
Thanks Tim!

I can easily get the name of the card from the 5 shot. I just need to get as much card meaning as I can memorized to give me lots to draw on when giving a reading based on that card.

-Max
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
Memorizing the meanings is a small part of the task. Knowing a lot about the symbolism of tarot cards (which is good, mind you) is less important than knowing how to read tarot. The difference is not inconsequential. Really getting to know the images at a visual level and letting your imagination tell you what they mean to you will get you farther, faster, than memorizing lists of associations.
JohnWells
View Profile
Inner circle
The Southern Wild
1791 Posts

Profile of JohnWells
Al, great review, and ditto from me. I have often considered making up Professor Hoffman's delightful conceit, but just never did, not least because it's still just an odd card trick. Using the same technology wih Tarot is inspired, and presesnting it in this form doubly so. The artefact is ecentrically beautiful, the story compelling, and the results immensely satisfying. Highly recommended.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
5 shot,arrived today!
I have not had a chance to try out yet,but I agree with the comments on the cards themselves !
They do have that,circa look to them! The pictures do not do them justice. Plus,they have that wonderful smell that takes you back in time! It is amazing how much time I spend sniffing all my Outlaw,that comes in! lol
Thanks Rick, and all the other "Outlaws"!

~G
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Indeed - I have a set too - and thinking how to make it part of a Ray Bradbury themed presentation as well
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On 2013-01-28 23:35, Dr Spektor wrote:
Indeed - I have a set too - and thinking how to make it part of a Ray Bradbury themed presentation as well

Do share at some point in time!

I have been able to go over the PDF now,and have had a little time playing with the cards! Looking at them,they truly do look like something from the 30's. For the cards,box with the aging and routine,it is a fantastic buy for $60.00.
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Don H
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
60 Posts

Profile of Don H
I do agree the backs and box do look great, but the faces are a bit disturbing.
It is on it's own not much of a reading tool.

However, I'll tell you how I use them:
Let them pick a card and take the card and the matching cards as well.
Ofcause the blinking is cleaner but I don't take this risk.
Now I know the card and the corresponding issue.

This one from the major arcana is the spiritual blueprint for the reading.
I proceed with placing the Oujia cards reprecenting the more mundane.
You can also use the K@d@ri, HT or m@rked minor tarot cards.
The m@rkes provides hits, turning the cards over during the reading.
You finish the reading by tying all together and the reveal of the chosen card of the 5 shot.
Sicnatius
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
396 Posts

Profile of Sicnatius
I like the 5 Shot, easy to learn and a nice way to start and end a reading.

But I had a small problem several times: people couldn't read the Name of the Tarrot Cards they had choosen. That kind of made all a little confusing.

So lesson learned: I'll show 5 Shot only to young people with good eyes.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Or buy a magnifying glass antique style
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Sicnatius
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
396 Posts

Profile of Sicnatius
I think using a magnifying glass wouldn't suit my performing style, since I use 5 shot selection at the beginning of a reading using Carnies Tarot and end it with the reveal of 5 shot.

Using even more props in a reading seems rather distracting than enhancing the experience.
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
Quote:
On 2013-01-30 05:28, Sicnatius wrote:
I like the 5 Shot, easy to learn and a nice way to start and end a reading.

But I had a small problem several times: people couldn't read the Name of the Tarrot Cards they had choosen. That kind of made all a little confusing.

So lesson learned: I'll show 5 Shot only to young people with good eyes.

Or buy a deck of the traditional Flemish Carnie Tarot cards.
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
AceOfJokers
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of AceOfJokers
It is an utter disgrace that things like 5 Shot Tarot are being so openly ripped off and sold on eBay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dr-Darks-5-Sta......DiBZGtiV

Something should be done about it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Mr Dark's 5 Shot Tarot (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL