The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Feminine Mystique » » Female escape artist performs water torture cell over 1,000 times (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
This was posted in the All Tied Up section, but I feel it also deserves to be posted here.

This past Sunday November 4, 2012 at the Georgia State Fair at Atlanta Motor Speedway, Kristen performed her 999th, 1,000th & 1,001st Full View Water Torture Cell.

A few highlights along the way:

-April 26, 2003 was the date of her first water cell escape. She unveiled it at the First Annual Escape Artist Convention in Indianapolis.

-Her first 4 months performing it, Kristen used Mark Cannon's water cell. After that, Kristen took two years off from performing the water cell do to a back injury from a car accident. After her recovery, we unveiled her new cylindrical water cell.

-August 2008 she performed it 52 times in 18 days.

-In 2008 she performed it 298 times.

-On two seperate occasions she performed the water cell four times in one day.

-She has had two hypoxic seizures in the water cell. The first was at an outdoor event in Columbus, Ohio. The second was during an NBA Halftime show in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.

-Only one time has she given the 'thumbs up' sign(her emergency signal). October 23, 2008 at Conseco Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, Indiana for the FFA convention & 16,000 people she had trouble with the top lock and had to be rescued.

-Her longest time in the water cell is 3:18

-Her average is time underwater is 2:42

-Her longest static breath hold is 5:02

-A 'traditional' shaped water cell was built in Istanbul, Turkey for a TV show Kristen shot there. It leaked ALOT. During the shoot they patched it as much as they could and we shot on set while it leaked an 'acceptable' amount.

-Twice she has removed a cuff from her left wrist, moved on to work on remaining restraints only to have the left handcuff fall and close shut on her right wrist, which still had the right handcuff on. It was very strange to see that happen.

She is the hardest working person I know. I'm very proud of her and wanted to share this with you.
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
angelx03
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of angelx03
Does this qualify in landing on the Guinness Book of Records? That would be cool! In any case, I hope there are more female magicians and escape artists willing to challenge that in the future. This shall be the beginning!
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Hi,

I'm in awe of Kristin - she's amazing!

I loved hearing the stats you've kept over the years...gasp to be able to hold her breath that long...again I'm in awe.
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
Today, I corrected grammar in
1378 Posts

Profile of Autumn Morning Star
Very impressive, indeed! Great job, Kristin!

Now why isn't she being regularly booked at magic conventions instead of the token imported female jugglers and acrobats? (Whoops, did I say that outloud? Hmmm.) Perhaps performers like this intimidate these organizations by simply being female.

Here is a youtube video of one of her many appearances. I just about suffocated trying to hold my breath as long as she did. Kristen, you rock!
http://youtu.be/ogS1FCY3mZk
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Feminine Mystique » » Female escape artist performs water torture cell over 1,000 times (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL