The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Chip Butty 2.0 by Liam montier -magic tao (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Harrismatic
View Profile
Elite user
Greece
434 Posts

Profile of Harrismatic
I have just noticed this beautiful effect that is going to be released by magic tao!

Here is a description of it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
¡Chip Butty¢ is a brilliant NEW routine from Liam Montier. It combines several existing and commercial ideas into one compact, killer routine!

¡Chip Butty V2.0¢ includes both the original poker chip version and the NEW badge version.

NEW AND IMPROVED ROUTINE!

A card is chosen by a Spectator and replaced in the centre of the deck. The deck is then shown on all sides.

Four badges are shown to the Spectator. Each badge has a different card suit printed on it. You remove three of the badges in a ¡process of elimination¢; none of the three badges match the selected suit of the chosen card.

The fourth badge completely vanishes! You lift half the deck and there¢s the fourth badge – ATTACHED to the Spectator¢s selected card!

¡CHIP BUTTY¢ includes the custom printed pin badges for the badge version, custom poker chips for the poker chip version, special Bicycle brand playing cards and full instructions.

If you would like to have the card signed, as in the trailer, and hand the badge out as a souvenir you will need to purchase refills. Details of how to do this are described on the DVD.

“Chip Butty is a great give away for your audience member, it also makes a card trick not feel like a card trick” - Wayne Fox

“Chip Butty is one of the most creative takes on the Hofsinzer Ace Problem I have ever seen!” - Cameron Francis

“Liam killed me with this the first time I saw it! The ending totally hurt my brain! Another brilliantly structured, commercial effect from the Montz!” - Jamie Daws

demo here : http://www.magictao.co.uk/Chip-Butty-2.0-by-Liam-Montier

I personally love the badge version as badges are a very unique product and at the same time popular too so they will not cause any suspicions.
By the time they will offer refills I suppose that it worths giving away souvenirs which is something that I always love in effects.

It is going to be released soon but the preorders get a bonus extra refill pack so it probably worths getting this.

What do you think? Once I receive it I will let you know my thoughts too

Harrismatic
Kevin Schaller
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
264 Posts

Profile of Kevin Schaller
I was shown this some time ago by Liam and I fell in love with this routine..very unique plot and fun to perform!
'Geniuses can make the world a better place or make it fall apart alongside their own minds.” - Kevin Schaller
professorwho
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of professorwho
I really like this routine, it works well for adults and kids.
A porper clip helps in making the gaff involved.
I love sponges
The Greek
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of The Greek
Thanks for the great comments guys. This is a very fun trick to perform. You can see from the reactions on the trailer that this is a worker. professorwho, I din't quite understand what you meant about a porper clip helping in making the gaff? PM me if you like. Chip Butty comes with everything already made up for you.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Wow I like that very nice
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I like Liam and what Magic Tao has put out lately. Looks like a fun routine. Thanks for posting the link.
professorwho
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of professorwho
Quote:
On 2012-11-18 12:03, The Greek wrote:
Thanks for the great comments guys. This is a very fun trick to perform. You can see from the reactions on the trailer that this is a worker. professorwho, I din't quite understand what you meant about a porper clip helping in making the gaff? PM me if you like. Chip Butty comes with everything already made up for you.

Have sent a pm, my experience is from the intermediate Chip Butty- post poker chips but pre- pre made gaffs.
I love sponges
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2536 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Just to add this isn't very good...........it's EXCELLENT!

When working restaurants, I'm sometimes stuck when it comes to entertaining the kids at a table (I'm certainly in no way a children's entertainer; aside from making balloon animals, etc).

However, using badges makes this a great trick that involves the kids AND the parents at the same time.

Just to clarify that it also comes with poker chips; should you prefer that version for adults. And these are the heavy, pro type poker chips - not lightweight plastic tat.

Liam Montier is a very creative guy - and has taken an audience tested plot - and made it even better.

It's also extremely well made and clearly a lot of time and effort have gone into manufacturing this trick. The props ooze quality - so well done MagicTao. Heaven knows how long it took you to put this package together - but the final product is a 'real world worker'.

Unreservedly recommended! 10/10. Smile
Barry Allen

Over 14 years have passed - and still missing Abra Magazine arriving every Saturday morning.
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4541 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
On my CHristmas list, this looks AWESOME!
Harrismatic
View Profile
Elite user
Greece
434 Posts

Profile of Harrismatic
Just informed that all preorders have now been sent!!!

Today is the last day to get some free bonus refills with your order
madelaine
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of madelaine
Yes, me too....I heard the same
madelaine
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of madelaine
Magic Tao can be very creative
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
This is a nice effect. For the signed card version that is demo'd, you'll need refills. They don't seem to be available on any websites, including MagicTao. I sent an email to the address that is supplied on the DVD (refills@magictao.co.uk), but it was returned as undeliverable. Too bad, because having a signed selection with the "impossible" giveaway would really make the effect special. Otherwise, I'd probably elect for a different effect, such as a signed card stab, Paperclipped, etc, where you can give out the revelation.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
professorwho
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of professorwho
I've done this routine for a while - well Liam's v 1.1 with the smaller badges when you had to make up the special card yourself and have never given the card away. People are just so stunned that it doesn't occur to them not to just give the card back and start chatting about it to their friends whilst you make an exit.
I suppose from that point of view I don't really think that the signed version adds much.
I love sponges
Liam Montier
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of Liam Montier
Hey guys,

I can offer refills of the smaller badges (which were my preference actually, as I found them easier to handle).

Drop me a PM or email and I can get you sorted Smile

Cheers,

Liam.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
3009 Posts

Liam -

Thanks for the info on the small badges. I'm interested in that, if that's the available option.

Do you know what happened to the plans to sell refills for the 2.0 version, by any chance? Professorwho is right in that this gets very good reactions without the giveaway, but I think that being able to leave the spec with the card and badge would take this to another level.

Thanks,
- Scott
The Greek
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of The Greek
Hiya

It seems the refills email wasn't re configured after a few server issues.

We sell refills at £25 per 50 plus delivery. We hardly make a profit but as it is a refill, this is the best way.

If you need any badges, please let me know and I can sort this for you.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
3009 Posts

Thanks, The Greek. I'm going to definitely take you up on that. This is the only trick I've been doing for the last ten days - I was a bit skeptical when I saw the trailer at first, but the fact is that it gets great reactions. People seem to love it.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
3009 Posts

Apparently refills are 25 British Pounds for 75 badges. I got all hearts, because I didn't specify, but apparently Costas can hook you up with mixed suits as well. Not a bad price for a nice giveaway. You'll have to glue it to a card yourself.
Stiltzkin
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Stiltzkin
I really like this one... I now have the refills, so shall be doing the signed card version going forward. Great quality product from Liam / MagicTao
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Chip Butty 2.0 by Liam montier -magic tao (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL