The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Internet Issues (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Hey lads,

Hope everyone is well! I'm having a few issues with the old laptop. Everytime I click on a link on any website a new tab bar opens up and the page loads up there rather than the current page changing. How do I change this? Really is annoying Smile

Thanks lads!

Pete
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Well I don't know but you could try uninstalling Firefox and reinstalling it. That is what I did and it cleared up a simular problem I had. It did not take long.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
There might be a setting for this. I'd look under your browser preferences menu
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Hey Tommy! Thanks very much for the reply. I just tried your suggestion but unfortunately no joy. I'm using firefox but just checkedd Internet Explorer and the same exact problem. I have no idea :/ Thanks again though!
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Sorry Slide just saw you post. Thanks I'll give it a look! Smile
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
Go to Safari, Preferences.

Click on "Tab"

Uncheck "Open new windows is a new tab instead. "
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
In IE it's Options -> Settings -> Tabs. Don't have firefox on this machine, but it' s probably similar.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Thanks Slide and thanks Magnus. Worked a treat and everything is back to normal. Really appreciate it lads. I owe all that posted a pint or two Smile Thank you!
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1695 Posts

Profile of Futureal
I don't know why so many suggest reinstalling software. Simply reading the help files or Googling your question is such a better idea.

And more and more software (such as FF) store their user preferences in another file OUTSIDE OF THE INSTALLATION, so you uninstall and reinstall, but the new installation is going to be using the exact same user preferences anyway.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Internet Issues (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL