The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Beatle impersonation groups (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I generally can't stand them. Paul will play the bass right handed, they don't look or sound like them, etc.

This guy does a great job as John:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc1hgMl2vj4&feature=fvwrel

Here's the 4 of them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhX7gJUonfI&feature=related
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
I tend to like Beatle impersonation groups.

They appreciate good music and even a mediocre impression of the Beatles beats most of the new stuff I'm hearing lately.

The only problem is I really would rather listen to the originals. Sadly my CD's just don't sound as good as LPs did.

The old curmudgeon, Mary Mowder.

P.S. I liked both links. Thanks Zombie Magic
FatHatter
View Profile
Regular user
I'm here you're there and that's that.
137 Posts

Profile of FatHatter
Much better than Me and My Monkey.
Mary is right about albums sounding better than CDs.
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Rain is the best Beatles group I have ever had the pleasure to watch & listen to. Rain was the group that did "Beatlemania" I saw them at the Filmore West in San Francisco and got a chance to catch several of their acts at Harrah's in Reno. They are fantastic!

BTW, Records are better than CD's AND both records and cd's sound better when you run them through a tube amp, rather than a transistor amp.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
I always liked the "1964 The Tribute" band.
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
It's hard enough to find someone who can resemble Paul and play bass at all without asking him to play left handed.
Yes, The Beatles were unique and no impersonators are really going to sound as good, but I'm willing to accept that.
I'm kinda glad I don't have the ear Mary does, my CDs sound fine to me.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
"Paul" playing left handed isn't just a matter of the real Paul being left handed. It just looks better when playing with a right handed George or John. Harrison himself mentioned that as a plus when they played together.

I love hearing a plain old house band do Beatle songs. I guess I get finicky when the are an actual tribute band;-)
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
I second Stanyon's opinion... "1964 The Tribute" rock!

Regards, Steve
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Saw the group Rain last year and they were exceelnt except that their on stage keyboard player has no clue how to make those apocalyptic crescendi in A Day in the Life. His attempt was weak. These creseceni - especially the second crescendo - should shake the very walls.

Mary, have you tried the re-mastered stereo CDs released two years ago? It really is like hearing The Beatles for the very first time.

The Beatles are the reason I got into music even though I am too young to have grown up with them. Perhaps that is an advantage over those of you who did. Regardless, they pioneered so much and Mary, you are spot on in comparing their genius to the drivel that's around lately. Justin Bieber? Lady Gaga??!!!

ACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Liverpool Legends. http://www.liverpoollegends.com/

Louise Harrison, as in Georges sister, is behind them. They are amazing, and beyond that just fantastic people.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Saw a Beatles group in Branson, MO a few years ago. Enjoyed them very much.

We got there right before the show, the last people in the parking lot walking hurriedly toward the theater, when we almost ran into "John Lennon", who was out taking a cigarette break before going on. We all smiled at each other and waved 'hello'. Smile
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Beatle impersonation groups (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL