The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Routining and improving Triverse by TA Waters (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bambaladam
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of Bambaladam
Hi everyone!

If you don't know the effect I'm referring to turn to page 643 in good old MMM.

Ok here's the deal: I promised my friends I knew I'd be seeing tonight I'd show them something new tonight, and found this little gem in that big black book. I felt I should improve it so I could hand each "volunteer" his or her specific card at the end, and came up with a pseudographology combo.

I had everyone doodle on terribly innocent index cards, shuffle them up and hand me one. The card I recieved was used to pick the "judge" for the Triverse effect (had to do this as I had four friends around, but anyway...). So, having totally disregarded the basic rule of psychometry and simply saying ok my friend, you're the judge, I then had him determine when the deck was sufficiently shuffled and cover my eyes while my friends selected their cards. He then determined sufficient randomisation of pack after they were done and followed me into another room while the other retrieved their own index cards and wrote down the names of their cards. When we returned I had handed him the deck minus three cards which I held in my hand (he had seen their faces and knew which ones I held). After that I simply used the index cards to correctly assign each of my friends their card.

This is how I feel about this whole business: It was a good test of my index card system which I intend to use for pseudographology effects. The card effect went over a treat. But there was some kind of collision between using the pieces of paper and also doing the playing card mindreading thing. Does anyone have a different suggestion for how to know who has which card, or could anyone explain to me how ridiculous I am being and that the graphology, if worked on and used on strangers (who can't claim you knew they'd draw a skull) will suffice to make the finale stronger?

I also considered pumping, but this is only good in a few circumstances (good color/suit/value/odd-even distribution). I am glad I hadn't chosen it for tonight as I ended up with 3,5 and 7 all clubs.

Anyway, if anyone has thoughts to offer that aren't appropriate for this room I would appreciate private messages as I have some way to go before hitting magic fifty. General thoughts also gratefully accepted.

Anyway, I think the problem mostly bothered me, as they were all very impressed and appropriately startled.

Cheers!

/bamba
Bambaladam
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of Bambaladam
Noon?

C'mon?

please?

Smile

/bamba
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Routining and improving Triverse by TA Waters (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL