The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Fakini Multiplying Balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

seforeman
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of seforeman
Was working with my Fakini multiplying balls and noticed they were a bit dirty and the shell was sticking a bit. Any suggestions for cleaning them? Also to prevent the shell from being so "grabby". Would talcum powder work (or fanning powder)?

Thanks in advance
Stu
Stuart Foreman
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Just wash them in soap and water.

You can put powder on them if you want powder stuck on them. It will not help with the stickiness though. That is a feature everyone likes - to help with sleight of hand moves.

If you would have done some research on them before you purchased them, you would know about the cling feature of these balls. This has been discussed extensively here on the Café. You cannot remove it, but in 25 years, some say they start to not cling as much.

If you did not want this feature then you should have purchased wood balls or JL Balls, although the JL shells are crap.

Are you "breaking" the ball before creating the one ball to two production?
Targo
View Profile
New user
Valencia (Spain)
16 Posts

Profile of Targo
I once asked the same question to the great Frank Radtke himself and he replied me that the balls can not be brought to glossy but may be washed with a detergent (preferably DAWN) to still have that clinging feeling.

I hope it helps
seforeman
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of seforeman
Thanks for the heads up. I purchased these from Hank Lees about 15 years ago (long before this forum). I enjoy the stickiness of the balls, just the shell can be a bit tough at times. I still have my wooden and my vernet's as well. I will just keep working with the Fakini's and get used to them.
Stuart Foreman
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1248 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
You can use Teflon tape on the inside of the shell to get rid of the vacuum issue.
From the Encouraging Magic of...
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
985 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
Stick a small piece of felt inside the shell (suggested by Levent in his DVD, but I'm sure the idea has been around)
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
https://www.youtube.com/user/yinhowe80/
seforeman
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of seforeman
Thanks - those are both great ideas. Will give them a try.
Stuart Foreman
boxjumper
View Profile
Veteran user
362 Posts

Profile of boxjumper
Quote:
On 2012-11-29 03:52, yin_howe wrote:
Stick a small piece of felt inside the shell (suggested by Levent in his DVD, but I'm sure the idea has been around)

Great idea. Thanks for sharing.

BJ
madelaine
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of madelaine
Yep, Levent's tip worked for me !!!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
At the Dollar Store they have rubber bumper spots with self adhesive on them. I just used these, and this allows to build up the pads to find your desired height that works for your fingers.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
I wash mine with cold water and gently tap dry with a towel.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Fakini Multiplying Balls (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL