The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Exposed on Television: PRESSURE by Daniel Garcia and Dan White (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
STEVE BROOKS “Outstanding Contributions to Magic on the Internet" Merlin Award Banquet: March 2, 2011, Las Vegas, NV.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
This thread is a riot. Now I know how most must feel stepping into one of my threads in the Nots section.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2012-12-01 21:19, Danny Kazam wrote:
For those who want to know.

http://merlinawards.wordpress.com/controversy/

That was like reading someone's murder investigation.

Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
I thought that article was about the merlin awards. Sorry, I didn't even finish reading the whole thing before posting a link to it. The url started with "merlinawards" so I thought is was the merlin awards website. Sure the heck looked like it. Tim Ellis has an article about the merlin controversy too, but no point in posting a link to that one now. My bad.
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
First,I do not believe in exposure!
But,the release of 'Pressure',has always bothered me!
My 8th grade, Science Teacher, taught us how to do this! That, was in 1976!
Then,someone releases it as a effect ?
The so called, "Creators"...did they give credit to the person or persons,who taught them,this old trick ? I never purchased,the effect! Already,knew how to do it!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
magicPhred
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of magicPhred
You had a cell phone in 1976? Mustabeen a BIG balloon Smile
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:

Please don't flame me for speaking my opinion. (lol)

Many of my friends seen the David Letterman show and told me they knew how he did it. They were right, but I acted like I didn't know how it was done in respect to Daniel Garcia being the first to cash in on these old idea's. Needless to say, I don't perform it anymore.

This doesn't mean that in the right hands, for the right people, it won't go over very well.

If the hand's of Michael Ammar, a proven, respected master of our art, not to mention misdirection in itself are not the " right hands," then who's on God's green earth ARE???
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
I'm just saying, it works for some and for others it doesn't. It was Ammar's presentation of it on t.v that my friends seen. From that they were pretty much able to get their first guess right on the nail. Maybe I should of said "right conditions" instead of "right hands".
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Christopher Lyle actually improved this trick.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On 2012-12-03 13:13, magicPhred wrote:
You had a cell phone in 1976? Mustabeen a BIG balloon Smile

HAHA , It was other objects, than a cell phone!
It was a stapler,and a Ball...one of the planets! LOL
Small bottle... Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2012-12-02 00:26, Danny Kazam wrote:
I thought that article was about the merlin awards. Sorry, I didn't even finish reading the whole thing before posting a link to it. The url started with "merlinawards" so I thought is was the merlin awards website. Sure the heck looked like it. Tim Ellis has an article about the merlin controversy too, but no point in posting a link to that one now. My bad.

It was, it just read like an over view of a murder case review in the media.

Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
YouTube is full of exposures especially anyone who reads the comments. We need to take back our art.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Quote:
On 2012-12-03 23:23, Zombie Magic wrote:

Technically it was mine all along, but I digress. Also, Ammar did my original version on Letterman. Smile
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1108 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
Without wishing to cause any offence, Pressure is a trick best performed for women.

As for the exposure I wouldn't worry too much. For the tiny amount of people that saw it, billions wouldn't have.
TCB
View Profile
Loyal user
I am so happy to be promoted because of my
210 Posts

Profile of TCB
As a new magician I never knew how the cups, and balls were done until I saw Penn and teller expose it in clear cups. After I knew the moves, I could catch the best. So I don't think what Penn and Teller did was clever at all
There Is No Revolution Without Evolution
TCB
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of TCB
Quote:
On 2012-12-03 23:01, Danny Kazam wrote:
I'm just saying, it works for some and for others it doesn't. It was Ammar's presentation of it on t.v that my friends seen. From that they were pretty much able to get their first guess right on the nail. Maybe I should of said "right conditions" instead of "right hands".

What about how Michael did it on Letterman gave anything away?
TCB
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of TCB
Quote:
On 2012-12-05 10:22, Christopher Lyle wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-12-03 23:23, Zombie Magic wrote:

Technically it was mine all along, but I digress. Also, Ammar did my original version on Letterman. Smile

Do you mean the ending? Blowing up the balloon, placing phone, and balloon in Lettermans hand, then poping ballon?
Tricster6
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of Tricster6
I've been performing about six years now and I know I'm still wet behind the ears, but I cannot believe how the art is crucified by exposer you would think if I just paid you my hard earned money to get a method to an illusion I'm not going go make a YouTube video much less go on tv to expose it. that's like driving your new car out of the dealership parking lot and then pulling over about 10 feet down the road so you can get out and pay some kids to key your car up for you so it will lose more value. How can you say You truly lov e the art but then go out and expose the very thing that makes it an art in the first place. People pay good money to be decieved but not when they know the secrete. The ones out there exposing the methods do it so they can feel like there the cool guy. Tell me if I have the art all wrong but I thought that the art is about deception and to have deception you have to have secretes there is no astonishment unless there is secrets. So why in the h* would you go and give that very thing that is key to making the art so appealing in the first place away to the public that is lunacy at its best. That would be like a doctor grabbing someone off the street and teaching him everything that he knows and then giving him his job for nothing all the work and years of collage education that he had to pay for just gives away for free. the mask magician, I'm astonished that he didn't come up missing to say at the end of the show the reason he exposed all those methods was because he thought everyone should be able to enjoy magic if you re watch the ending of the show he really does use this lame excuse to validate why he exposed all those methods well that is ridiculous people enjoy magic from not knowing. he exposed all those methods so he could be in the lime light and what he did was a serious blow to the art. If want the art to keep losing the mystery and the awe that make it what it is keep going this path. The magic community needs to find some legal vehicle that will protect the art at all cost.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Punctuation is your friend.
James

Quote:
On 2014-02-18 23:51, Tricster6 wrote:

I've been performing about six years now and I know I'm still wet behind the ears, but I cannot believe how the art is crucified by exposer you would think if I just paid you my hard earned money to get a method to an illusion I'm not going go make a YouTube video much less go on tv to expose it. that's like driving your new car out of the dealership parking lot and then pulling over about 10 feet down the road so you can get out and pay some kids to key your car up for you so it will lose more value. How can you say You truly lov e the art but then go out and expose the very thing that makes it an art in the first place. People pay good money to be decieved but not when they know the secrete. The ones out there exposing the methods do it so they can feel like there the cool guy. Tell me if I have the art all wrong but I thought that the art is about deception and to have deception you have to have secretes there is no astonishment unless there is secrets. So why in the h* would you go and give that very thing that is key to making the art so appealing in the first place away to the public that is lunacy at its best. That would be like a doctor grabbing someone off the street and teaching him everything that he knows and then giving him his job for nothing all the work and years of collage education that he had to pay for just gives away for free. the mask magician, I'm astonished that he didn't come up missing to say at the end of the show the reason he exposed all those methods was because he thought everyone should be able to enjoy magic if you re watch the ending of the show he really does use this lame excuse to validate why he exposed all those methods well that is ridiculous people enjoy magic from not knowing. he exposed all those methods so he could be in the lime light and what he did was a serious blow to the art. If want the art to keep losing the mystery and the awe that make it what it is keep going this path. The magic community needs to find some legal vehicle that will protect the art at all cost.

Still with the Chinese circus Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Exposed on Television: PRESSURE by Daniel Garcia and Dan White (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL