The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Card from zipper (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2205 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
A new routine Ive been breaking in. Any tips, bits or ideas appreciated.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXFGZLma3......7YkUKqNw
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
2205 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
Thanks for the feedback! losers
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I know you were hoping for more timely feedback.. I just saw the video and really liked it! Very good! Really liked the humor. Loved the Macarena bit! I think the bit about getting her to put her hands out dragged a bit much. Also, probably a matter of taste, but I think having her lose the card in the deck would have been more effective. Obviously you would need a different way to have her confirm her card, but perhaps you could have her draw her card on a large piece of paper. One more thing.. how about having her draw her card on a large piece of paper, folding it up and losing it in a humorous way (perhaps into a giant thumbtip), and pulling a real folded up giant card out of your pants? All said, I really enjoyed it!
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
A hard (no pun intended) routine to do without looking creepy, but you pulled it off (sorry, no pun intended there either!).

I suspect that as you perform it, it will be further tweaked, but as an early stages routine, I think it is strong (with the caveat that it is appropriate to your audience of course).
Your performance style and confidence were also really strong IMHO.

To me, this was an original twist on a classic. Nice work.

Charlie
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I have always liked the Card from zipper, nice routine I just use it as a revelation never routine d it.. Good job though LOSER!
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
2205 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
Quote:
On 2012-12-12 01:34, 1KJ wrote:
I know you were hoping for more timely feedback.. I just saw the video and really liked it! Very good! Really liked the humor. Loved the Macarena bit! I think the bit about getting her to put her hands out dragged a bit much. Also, probably a matter of taste, but I think having her lose the card in the deck would have been more effective. Obviously you would need a different way to have her confirm her card, but perhaps you could have her draw her card on a large piece of paper. One more thing.. how about having her draw her card on a large piece of paper, folding it up and losing it in a humorous way (perhaps into a giant thumbtip), and pulling a real folded up giant card out of your pants? All said, I really enjoyed it!

I originally did this with one deck and and a very different method. And I had the lady lose the card in the deck. Problem is that their is no good way to show it matches other than her saying yes. Which is good but not as good as showing an actual match to her card side by side. Ive also toyed with drawing the card out like you suggested. Sadly that usually takes even longer! And since I don't speak at all, jokes to fill the time are harder to come by. One thing I would like to change is using Jumbo cards to make it more visible and it'll be funnier to have a bigger card coming out the zipper.

Any ideas on other jokes to put on the index cards?

Chad
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
2205 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
Quote:
On 2012-12-13 17:12, paisa23 wrote:
I have always liked the Card from zipper, nice routine I just use it as a revelation never routine d it.. Good job though LOSER!

I saw Nathan Kranzo do his version of it and realized it was a killer effect. I Started with his method and added in my own routine. But my presentation didn't gel with that method. So I looked at alternate methods and came up with this super simple one using a mirage deck.
Its surefire and simple which is good on stage. So I can concentrate on the presentation and facial expressions.
Sorry for the loser comment but no one had responded. So I felt a kick in the pants was in order.
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
2205 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
Quote:
On 2012-12-13 14:06, puggo wrote:
A hard (no pun intended) routine to do without looking creepy, but you pulled it off (sorry, no pun intended there either!).

I suspect that as you perform it, it will be further tweaked, but as an early stages routine, I think it is strong (with the caveat that it is appropriate to your audience of course).
Your performance style and confidence were also really strong IMHO.

To me, this was an original twist on a classic. Nice work.

Charlie

thank you! It is very adult oriented, but I also have a version (not on tape yet) that is more family friendly where a stuffed dog finds the card under the black cloth and ends up with the card folded inside a box on his collar. And it uses different cue cards. Not as strong in my opinion, but probably because the jokes on the cards aren't as good.
So if you think of any for that routine, let me know!

Chad
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Card from zipper (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL