The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » Daytona Magic (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Anybody do business with Daytona Magic? I bought a pound of slush powder, when it arrived I weighed it, and it was only 12 oz. I emailed Daytona, and they informed me that I received 16 FLUID oz, which is a pound. I expressed my displeasure, and their comment was:
"Sorry".

Anybody have a good source for slush powder???? I won't be ordering from Daytona any more.

Thanks,

Jim
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Jim,

Try the Cuckoos' Nest in Pittsburgh. Try to call before 2 PM EST and talk to Linda the owner. Tell her what you need and what happened at Daytona. Linda runs a great shop. Tell her Vlad sent ya.

Namaste,
Vlad
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2149 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
Jim - I won't order from them anymore, either. For me it was waiting a month after they e-mailed to say an order was shipping before they even put it in the mail. And they got one of the more important items wrong.

-Patrick
Failed Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Still working on the DL even after made
2100 Posts

Profile of Failed Magician
Sorry to hear this, Jim.

What's their website anyway?
Magic comes through perception. -HS
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Daytona Magic is notorious for listing products on their site as being in stock that have been discontinued for a long time, and when you inquire about availability it's always supposedly "coming within a few weeks," and it rarely does. I gave up on this place long ago.
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
Jean André
View Profile
New user
Metz
65 Posts

Profile of Jean André
I have mixed feelings about them. Daytona Magic is one of the few remaining brick & mortar magic shops so I want to support them, but they have been hit or miss for me. When I have vacationed in or near Daytona Beach I have stopped into the store and I will say that I always have had good service (just let the guys behind the counter know you are a magician , not a tourist, so they don't start in "pitching" you the typical stuff that they pitch to tourists to make fast sales). When I have been there the store has always been well stocked. I would shop there again if I'm ever in the area.

Daytona's website is another matter. Daytona Magic (like many magic dealers) tend to list things that they either don't have in stock (back-ordered) or they will use outdated photos and descriptions , so you may order something from them thinking you will be getting a certain item and it turns out to be different than you expected. So now with Daytona (and, to be fair, with all other dealers) I ALWAYS check first with an email and/or phone call to confirm that what they have listed on the website is in stock, ready to ship out , and that the item I will receive is exactly what is pictured on the website.

Case in point: I saw that Daytona had listed MAK Magic's "Spikes Thru Balloon" , which is hard to find now. I thought to myself: "Well, maybe it is "new old stock" from some unopened boxes they found up on a shelf in the backroom?" (it happens). But from hard experience I contacted them first to confirm that what I would be receiving is the same item pictured on their website: https://daytonamagic.com/shop/kids-magic......balloon/

The photo on the website is of a MAK Magic Spikes Thru Balloon and notice it even says right there on the page: "This effect is manufactured by Mak Magic."

I got an email back from Daytona saying plainly (without apology): "It is not the MAK Magic version." Um, ok, well that was honest at least , so I'm glad they confirmed that for me before I purchased it.

But that was WEEKS ago and their website page still has the same photo of the MAK Magic prop and it still says: "This effect is manufactured by Mak Magic."

What the ... ??!! I have administered websites before and I know it doesn't take that much effort to go in to the site to change out a photo and edit the text to delete the line "This effect is manufactured by Mak Magic" if you know full well that it was NOT manufactured by MAK Magic !

Click here to view attached image.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » Daytona Magic (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL