The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Books about dealing with clientes? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dimitri Mystery Artist
View Profile
Veteran user
Israel/Ukraine
355 Posts

Profile of Dimitri Mystery Artist
One of my weakest point is that I am a bad seller when it comes to closing shows.

it is frustrating sometimes, the worst part is that I cannot put my finger on what I'm doing wrong.
also I wonder why most of the people that calls me cannot really pay for my service (and I am not charging more than average!

anyway, I want to be a good business-man and not just good magician, any books you think might help me?
thank you
Head Case
View Profile
Inner circle
1138 Posts

Profile of Head Case
This is a non magic related book that is priceless. I HIGHLY recommend that you read "How to win friends and influence people" by Dale Carnegie. There is a lot of good insight on how to deal with people, and also have a lot of examples about sales tactics and what not in the book.

Hope this helps.
Head Case
View Profile
Inner circle
1138 Posts

Profile of Head Case
Id also recommend that you watch the OZ Pearlman (CORPORATE) penguin live lecture. It says its about Corporate magic but he discusses a lot about sales and pricing and how to get more money for shows and closing deals... I was iffy about this lecture, but I have to admit. It was PACKED full of a lot of useful information and I was very very happy that I had watched it.

It's also like 3.5 hours long. Well worth the price.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2697
Dimitri Mystery Artist
View Profile
Veteran user
Israel/Ukraine
355 Posts

Thanks...funny you have recommended the Carnegie book, I have just finished reading it.

thanks for Oz's lecture, I always interesting to know what Oz thinks about anything!
Head Case
View Profile
Inner circle
1138 Posts

Profile of Head Case
Quote:
On 2012-12-08 14:43, Dima Mystery Artist wrote:
Thanks...funny you have recommended the Carnegie book, I have just finished reading it.

thanks for Oz's lecture, I always interesting to know what Oz thinks about anything!

All the best to you. Good luck in your success.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The Little Red Book of Selling.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Dimitri Mystery Artist
View Profile
Veteran user
Israel/Ukraine
355 Posts

The book looks terrific, thanks Danny!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
No problem, I am a people person.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
MrHyde
View Profile
Special user
810 Posts

Profile of MrHyde
Sean Taylor wrote a book - Selling the Show - on the topic.
iwillfoolu
View Profile
Special user
Upstate NY, USA
746 Posts

Profile of iwillfoolu
"The Art of Closing the Sale" - Zig Zigler

"Selling the Invisible" - Harry Beckwith
Magician and Balloon Twister
New York Magicians
Magician New York
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Books about dealing with clientes? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL