The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Show music (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
Has anyone used any of the royalty free music cd's like Bill White's?

I am thinking of adding music to my show.
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Neale..We have used some of Bill's stuff in the past. He has some good music. We also use Opus 1 Production and Gary Ouellet.

However, just like adding your own touch to your presentations, we add our own touch to the music we use. We edit for length and crescendo. We add drones underneath the music to make them richer and fuller sounding. We add a techno and dance beat to several of our songs to make them fit the feel we are after.
Hope that helps, let me know if there is anything else I can help you with music wise.
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Magicjohnathon
View Profile
Regular user
Oakdale, CA.
122 Posts

Profile of Magicjohnathon
There is an excellent royalty free CD you can purchase through the Magic Castle website. It's called "Music Magic" by Richard Allen. Loaded with 32 songs, including great opening intros, as well as drum rolls. I highly recommend it!!! Smile

Take Care. Magically Magic Johnathon
"If at first you don't succeed! Than skydiving is definately not for you"!
Magically Johnathon Marshall
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Since I worked my way through college in the recording business, I encourage you to use the best music for your show even if it is not royalty free. Royalties are cheaper than you think. ASCAP is $7.50 per show when the paid attendence is less than 5,500 people. It's a deal! And that is without negotiation with the copyright owners which can get it even better at times.

In royalty free music, the best I have been exposed to recently is Make It Magic Vol. I by Arthur Stead. I think the CD sells for about $20 and it has 18 cuts which are usable as is or very suited to modification. I bought it at KIDabra this fall and I really like it. The phone is (978) 281-0431 and Arthur's email address is arthurwilmore@hotmail.com. He is currently working on a second volume. He is also interested in your input as to the types of music you seek.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
oagwood
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Hill, CA
392 Posts

Profile of oagwood
Another option is to make your own music using Acid Music or Fruity Loops. These are fairly simple programs and then you don't have to worry about any copyright violations.

Although 7.50 a show is not bad at all.

oliver
the levitator
View Profile
Special user
Spellbound Productions
546 Posts

Profile of the levitator
I'm with Oliver! I have both, and I like Fruity Loops for simple background production, and I use Acid for actual music recording. You can learn how to use Fruity Loops in a few hours, and you will have music that NOBODY else has. The sounds in Fruity Loops are amazingly full.
"It's all in your head...."

James Anthony
www.jamesanthonymagic.com
Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
804 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
If you're using Mac OSX, you can use Apple Soundtrack. Using a simple, drag-n-drop interface, you can "make your own royalty-free music perfectly matched to the mood you’re after. Whether you’ve never written a piece of music before or you’re a seasoned composer." "... the music you make with Soundtrack and its included loops can be distributed, broadcast or sold at your discretion."
Dan McLean Jr
glodmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
501 Posts

Profile of glodmagic
I highly recommend Magic Roadie's Website!

NO, I don't know him and this is the first time I have ever seen anything about him.
Of the many resources I have come across he has the info concise and easy to understand.

I look forward to the valuable contribution that you will make here. THANK YOU Dan!
Remember ANY of your posts here can be Googled by your customers and Clients. Just entering your name in Google can bring up your negative comments that stay for years!
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
I have 2 of Bill White CD's and they are both pretty good. I am using two cuts currently.
"White Magic" is his best. "World Magic" runs a close second.
Daniel Faith
KeirRoyale
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
550 Posts

Profile of KeirRoyale
I like Bill White and Opus 1. Not as impressed with Richard Allen or Richard Wayne.

Smile
Marshall Thornside
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2016 Posts

Profile of Marshall Thornside
You could hire me to compose
something specific for your show.

Links to sounds samples & complete audio
streaming available via website.
http://www.mai-ling.net
you will remember my name

World's Youngest Illusionista
7th greatest pianist in the world
Go Red For Women and Stroke Ambassador
www.mai-ling.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Show music (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL