The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Close up case with "customizable" foam (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bostonzero
View Profile
Regular user
Boston, Ma
101 Posts

Profile of bostonzero
I found this on ebay earlier this week and thought it looked great. The seller states it is the cheapest you will find on the internet.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRO-CLOSE-UP-MAG......c72eb32f

I then went to my local magic shop yesterday, just outside of Boston and they also have the exact same case, for $8.00 dollars less. Shipping is also cheaper by $5.00. Just wanted to let people know who may be surfing the interwebs looking for a close up case.

I got to check it out in person and the case is super sturdy and the foam is very supportive. Plus with the foam being customizable and so thick, I like it even more. Just wanted to let everyone know about this and that they can save $13.00 by ordering it through Diamond's Magic as opposed to ebay. Take care!

http://www.diamondsmagic.com/index.php?m......Itemid=1
Dean Jones
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Dean Jones
In the UK you can get a similar case for £20 from Maplin. Mine has withstood 2 years or so of constant abuse. You can pop the cards end up in the case meaning you can fit a heck of a lot of decks in there. You can also pop other props in as well. The foam is like a grid and you simply pull foam out to match your props.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/flight-case-with......ed+Cases
bostonzero
View Profile
Regular user
Boston, Ma
101 Posts

Profile of bostonzero
The conversion rate right now is 1 US dollar = .62 British Sterling Pounds. y'all should come over to the US and do some holiday shopping, your money is basically worth almost twice as much...
wwhokie1
View Profile
Special user
512 Posts

Profile of wwhokie1
Do a search on amazon for "aluminum storage case", lots of options, and some with good prices. You will probably find the same or very similar cases there. The harbor freight case listed above is a great deal. I have two almost identical to that one that I bought for $20 at Lowes a couple of years ago. Lowes and Home Depot both carry these cases from time to time, although I don't think they are in stock now.
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
I bought 2 at "Harbor Freight Tools" for $20 each,
Sometimes Home Depot & Walmart sells them.
Ihor
mixman
View Profile
Loyal user
Northern Colorado
294 Posts

Profile of mixman
Just Google Pick and Pull foam and you will find several sites where you can buy the foam in large squares and cut it to fit any case you buy.
harbour
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of harbour
Plano aluminum cases 19.99, custom phone insert 15.99 and you're out the door with a great case for under $40.00
Astrocity
View Profile
Special user
523 Posts

Profile of Astrocity
Here in California we have Harbor Freight Tool Stores. They sell aluminum tool briefcases, 12" x 18" x 6" that come complete with very deep foam inserts you can customize, plus dividers plus a top board with space behind, all for $25 - $29. Trust me, it is as god or better than any of the "made for magicians" versions at a fraction of the cost! I have replaced the top board with a piece of felt covered plywood with customized screwed on elastic to hold the exact items I need to. If I get a chance in the near future, I will try to post a few pictures. trust me, you cannot go wrong!
Hank Morfin
http://www.MorfinMagic.com
Hank Morfin Rocks!
Herr Brian Tabor
View Profile
Special user
Oklahoma City
729 Posts

Profile of Herr Brian Tabor
Office supply stores around here have them, too. Office Max and Office Depot. I picked up a similar one last year for 40$.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Close up case with "customizable" foam (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL