The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Card clip to sit on? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Gary T.
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of Gary T.
It's gonna feel like sitting on a text book if you keep adding stuff.
Tim Roesch
View Profile
New user
United States
80 Posts

Profile of Tim Roesch
I don't know... Atom3339 seems to swear by his similar system.
bobn3
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, KS
718 Posts

Profile of bobn3
Just out of curiosity, why do you have to carry the deck in your back pocket...why not the front? With cargo pants especially, that would give you lots of options.

Bob Phillips
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Nope, doesn't feel like sitting on a text book. I think you'll like it, Tim.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
It could, of course, be dependent on the shape and size of one's butt and the quality of one's jeans! Smile
Tim Roesch
View Profile
New user
United States
80 Posts

Profile of Tim Roesch
Quote:
On 2013-01-10 01:07, bobn3 wrote:
Just out of curiosity, why do you have to carry the deck in your back pocket...why not the front? With cargo pants especially, that would give you lots of options.

Bob Phillips

Good question. I don't actually own any cargo pants. I've never found any I like the look of. I wear somewhat fashionable carpenter jeans and love them but they are getting harder to find. Smile
Tim Roesch
View Profile
New user
United States
80 Posts

Profile of Tim Roesch
Quote:
On 2013-01-10 02:30, Atom3339 wrote:
Nope, doesn't feel like sitting on a text book. I think you'll like it, Tim.

Even if it is a little thicker I think it will also feel softer and, of course, save my back pockets.
Tim Roesch
View Profile
New user
United States
80 Posts

Profile of Tim Roesch
Quote:
On 2013-01-10 04:08, Roger Kelly wrote:
It could, of course, be dependent on the shape and size of one's butt and the quality of one's jeans! Smile

Well spoken!
Tim Roesch
View Profile
New user
United States
80 Posts

Profile of Tim Roesch
Got the camera case and, though it does add a little thickness, it's way more comfortable to sit on than the bare Vault. Cards in box in Vault in Lowepro camera case. I finally found my solution!
Gary T.
View Profile
Veteran user
375 Posts

Profile of Gary T.
How loose does the camera case fit the vault? you might be able to drop something else in there with it and really be set, I recon you could fit some coins in there, or maybe a set of sponge balls, perhaps stuff them (the balls and the coins) into a small 1 x 1 1/2 ziplock bag so they stay out of the way when you get your cards out. I'm just saying if you're gonna have that in your back pocket anyway, best to use all the space it offers.

you can apparently get 1000 1 x 1 1/2 bags here http://www.amazon.com/MINI-ZIP-LOCK-BAGS......im_hg_12 you could always step down to the 1x1 but it might be harder to fit multiple coins into one. I'm just guessing at the size.
Tim Roesch
View Profile
New user
United States
80 Posts

Profile of Tim Roesch
Quote:
On 2013-01-12 02:23, Gary T. wrote:
How loose does the camera case fit the vault? you might be able to drop something else in there with it and really be set, I recon you could fit some coins in there, or maybe a set of sponge balls, perhaps stuff them (the balls and the coins) into a small 1 x 1 1/2 ziplock bag so they stay out of the way when you get your cards out. I'm just saying if you're gonna have that in your back pocket anyway, best to use all the space it offers.

you can apparently get 1000 1 x 1 1/2 bags here http://www.amazon.com/MINI-ZIP-LOCK-BAGS......im_hg_12 you could always step down to the 1x1 but it might be harder to fit multiple coins into one. I'm just guessing at the size.

Good suggestion!
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
^ Gary, The camera case I mentioned fits very snugly around the Porper Clip. It also has an interior pocket to fit a coin or two, even 7-8 business cards. The case is solid. By itself it's great for carrying and protecting a deck of cards; I just prefer the addition of the Clip for sitting on it. Got mine at Office Depot. So if you have an Office Depot nearby.....
TH

Occupy Your Dream
Tim Roesch
View Profile
New user
United States
80 Posts

Profile of Tim Roesch
Quote:
On 2013-01-12 11:42, Atom3339 wrote:
^ Gary, The camera case I mentioned fits very snugly around the Porper Clip. It also has an interior pocket to fit a coin or two, even 7-8 business cards. The case is solid. By itself it's great for carrying and protecting a deck of cards; I just prefer the addition of the Clip for sitting on it. Got mine at Office Depot. So if you have an Office Depot nearby.....

The Vault is definitely more comfortable than the Porper clip inside the Lowepro case, IMHO. I'll definitely be using the Porper for other things, though.
Tim Roesch
View Profile
New user
United States
80 Posts

Profile of Tim Roesch
Quote:
On 2013-01-12 11:42, Atom3339 wrote:

They also sell the Lowepro Volta 20 at my local Walmart. However, it was cheaper through Amazon Prime, which is where I got mine.
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Tim, Thanks for letting us know. I'll get a Vault someday.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
Tim Roesch
View Profile
New user
United States
80 Posts

Profile of Tim Roesch
Quote:
On 2013-01-12 13:10, Atom3339 wrote:
Tim, Thanks for letting us know. I'll get a Vault someday.

And thank you for the tip on the camera case! It's awesome!
Tim Roesch
View Profile
New user
United States
80 Posts

Profile of Tim Roesch
10 years ago, you all helped me find an awesome card clip here: The Vault by Jamie D. Grant. At that time I could only afford to buy one and I have used the hell out of it. Now, I'd love to buy a couple more, but Mr. Grant appears to no longer be making them. Does anyone have any idea where I might be able to find one? Thanks!
https://www.sendwonder.com/collections/a......he-vault (for reference)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Card clip to sit on? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL