The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Doves to Bunny makers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

hady.87
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of hady.87
Hello everyone
after reading "zillions" of reviews its clear that doves to rabbit by chalet magic is the best !!
I have a doves to rabbit by tora magic but I'm not completely happy with it and I want to upgrade
as you know chalet magic recently is not making any new doves to rabbit and even not answering emails
I searched the web for used chalet doves to rabbit and couldn't find !!
what will be the second choice to buy after chalet magic ??

Thank you
www.hadyakiki.com
will turn your mind upside down
Ryan Price
View Profile
Special user
winnipeg, MB, Canada
641 Posts

Profile of Ryan Price
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I have a mint Chalet Doves to Rabbit that was made many years ago. I never got around to using it.

Send me a regular email and I can send you pictures.

I hate to sell it but someone should be using it instead of me storing it and then my wife having to deal with it eventuallly.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I use three Chalet Doves to Rabbit props in my two hour show. Lucy and I use two together in our "I've Got This Friend" routine return our magic doves to 24" silks.

This week I used one in my "This Dove's Name Is Spot!" routine for an audience of 200+ at a Christmas luncheon. The spotted rabbit solves the problem!
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

Profile of tropicalillusions
I have to agree, with Ryans post, these two deliver a very good product, I still have my original Chalet D to R. and it has been over 20 years ago...... You have to take care of the props!!!!!!! great quality. Have only redone the finish once as far as paint goes and that was only to fit our show themes.... Good luck with your search. Post a look out for one on Surplus Magic exchange??? you may find one.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Actually the Chalet prop is far from rare. People who have them tend to use them. Mine are well over 30 years old and look new. A real difference in Chalet props and too many of the copies that followed is nothing seems to compete with Chalet for being "road worthy". Chalet is tough enough to take it and keep on keeping on.

Take your time and get the real thing. You'll find it.
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1367 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
You might also try Dan Wolfe At Smoky Mountain Magic http://www.smmagic.com/ His quality is top notch!

Mark
Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible. Frank L. Gaines
dahih beik
View Profile
Special user
palestine
817 Posts

Profile of dahih beik
Yes Dan makes what seems the best version, but he stopped making them because George of Chalet asked him to stop, claiming it's his own. Wish someone could jump in and solve the situation so Dan can keep building his cage.
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
I am about to list my challet doves to rabbit on magic surplus so PM me ASAP if you want it. I ll make you a great deal. comes with Fiber road case!

I used it for about 5 years but still in great condition.

sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

Dang.... with a case... sounds sweet, I may head over to Surplus to see a pic of the beauty!
Bernie Balloons
View Profile
Elite user
N.Y.C.
480 Posts

Profile of Bernie Balloons
I have used mine from Thomas Clark about 400 times so far with out one problem or hang up.
His is also the most animal friendly version I have seen.
The rabbit is on a flat surface the whole time and the bird just slips in and under with plenty of room.
The only thing I would do differently is not have collapsable walls. It looks good but the rabbit can fall if you do it wrong.
Also Thomas is top notch when it comes to customer service and friendliness.
You also get photos at every new step so you can see whet he is up to.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Quote:
On 2012-12-23 02:53, dahih beik wrote:
Yes Dan makes what seems the best version, but he stopped making them because George of Chalet asked him to stop, claiming it's his own. Wish someone could jump in and solve the situation so Dan can keep building his cage.

I was lucky enough to get one of Dan's D2R. I sold my Chalet.
Mister Mystery
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
If the one that's about to be listed on magic surplus is sold, you might try a google on SENOR RAI. -----RAI'S LAST NAME IS ORCZAK, (I'm not 100% sure of that apelling. Last I heard, he was living in a small town a few miles from Pensacola FL. He owns an antique shop. He is retired from both circus and magic. He bought my Chalet doves to rabbit about 15 years ago.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I talk to Rai on a pretty regular basis. He has been banned from the Café as he could not put up with the insults from amateur. Rai does have a a bit of a temper.

I will see if he has anything along this line he wants to sell.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
tropicalillusions
View Profile
Special user
Tulsa Okla
631 Posts

I loved Senior Rais act at abbotts, The pig in a lion outfit was awesome... comedy at its best.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Doves to Bunny makers (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL