The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » One year anniversary (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
Today, Dec. 19th, is my one year anniversary at the Magic Café. The coffee has been excellent and the members inspirational. Thank you Smile
This Christmas also marks my 64th year associated with magic. I received my Gilbert Mysto magic set, Christmas 1948. Still trying to figure out the Red Snapper.

:xmas: Merry Christmas, Magic Café
:xmas: Merry Christmas, Bedford Falls
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Them there red snappers is only for us manipulators and prestidigitators.

Since yer a "member of the alley" I'll tip a little of the "real work">>>

It helps to dip yer thum and 1st finger in a jar of vaseline.

Hokey

PS That guy Gilbert also made 'rector sets and other stuf.............
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
Never mind, I almost got banned.......Smile
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Happy Anniversary Spartacus.

You are a strong ally of the force and an excellent greeter which is why I "get" your anniversary announcement in the "Our New Arrivals" area, (Shame on you).

Red Snapper is good pan seared if that helps. LOL

-Mary Mowder
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1439 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Happy anniversary Spartacus. I hope you may stay for long Smile
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
ropeadope
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
453 Posts

Profile of ropeadope
Congrats Spartacus,

Hope you will stay another year.

Ring & spring always drove me crazy!

Happy New Year Everyone. May the force be with you & never let you down.
John
Nothing is better than more.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I guess we're stuck with you....oops,I mean I guess you're going to stick with it. (hee hee)

With me, it was the Buddha Papers! When I was 15, working in a carny side show (magic, fire eating, and lecturing on the rock python (all 18 feet) uhh, "Petunia" didn't have 18 feet--she was 18 feet long. I met Buzz Worth.

Buzz had a short range cork gallery. (guns that shot corks at cigarettes on a shelf. --if you knocked the cig. pack off the shelf, you could keep it.) When the Merry Go Round organ shut down, the side show could quit for the night. I would head for the front end and Buzz would slough his joint and we headed for the carny cook house for a late supper.

The first night I met him, he stuffed some folded papers in his pocket and we walked down the midway to eat.
There were always some stragglers on the lot. Buzz would sit down on the Tilt A Whirl steps and open a set of these papers. Invariably a few towners would stop to watch "this curious guy" (Buzz). Buzz placed a dollar bill on the innermost paper, then refolded the whole pile of paper.

Snapping his fingers,he would unfold papers to find a $2. bill! Townies' eyes popped! Usually, one would ask about the papers. Buzz would reply, "I have a few of these for sale. Two dollars!"

Like in a Svengali pitch, they would "tear their underwear getting out their wallets"!

Buzz would repeat his pitch two or three times enroute to supper. He averaged about $10 a night. Supper averaged about $2.00. He made enough every night, for all his meals, and didn't need to touch his daily 'take' from the joint!

In 1946, Johnson/Smith sold Buddha Papers for 15 cents!!! Buzz got $2! (and he made his own papers--his cost less than 5 cents!)

I learned about $how Bu$$ine$$ that summer! --and I also learned how to fold Buddha Papers!

See you down the road!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
Yea, I remember that trick. My wife does just the opposite. Takes all my money, sticks it in her purse and I never see it again. She says someday she will show me how that's done. Duh....
Bazinga
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of Bazinga
Happy anniversary Spartacus.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Happy anniversary and have a great 2013!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » One year anniversary (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL