The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » John Edwards "medium" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2013-01-02 19:33, Steve_Mollett wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-01-02 11:52, Jonathan Townsend wrote:

Who's the Burger King's father?

David Edgerton and James McLamore; they're the ones who bought out Insta-Burger and changed the name.

I like that you used them to establish a link between an iconic/fictional character and their world and then give them the title of "parents". Do you imagine that "The Burger King" character would accept those people as his parents?

IMHO the people and the character live in different universes of discourse. The Burger King can be a cartoon or represented by a man in a costume. An otherworldly being.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2013-01-02 19:33, Steve_Mollett wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-01-02 11:52, Jonathan Townsend wrote:

Who's the Burger King's father?

David Edgerton and James McLamore; they're the ones who bought out Insta-Burger and changed the name.

I like that you used them to establish a link between an iconic/fictional character and their world and then give them the title of "parents". Do you imagine that "The Burger King" character would accept those people as his parents?

IMHO the people and the character live in different universes of discourse. The Burger King can be a cartoon or represented by a man in a costume. An otherworldly being.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3171 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Not sure about the Father, but Big Boy Burger has made a lot of little burgers.
Maybe he is the Grandfather.

Tom
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2013-01-02 21:48, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
IMHO the people and the character live in different universes of discourse.

I know how they feel.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
MeHitDrum
View Profile
New user
Having too much fun to have more than
83 Posts

Profile of MeHitDrum
Tonight in the Tuscan Ballroom Peppermill in Reno, NV
John Edward "famous TV mentalist", is filling heads with "proof" that he's the Real McCoy...at $150 per person and tons of "merch" to take home.
What a pile of poo! My real problem with what he's doing is that it is out of the relm of entertainment, and into the relm of the spiritual.
A total charlatan/hustler!

I work/perform at the Pepermill, and was able to notice some of his pre-show work. From getting attendees to fill out cards prior to the show, and having some of the info fed to him from the four women working in the back, to his extracting just enough from the subject to offer "general feel-good" cold reading answer paths; never anything specific like "wait...sir. Do you remember the $20 you stole from your cousin Harry's wallet and split it up with Jeff and Larry? Yeah! Well I can tell you he hasn't forgotten. Now I can't tell you where you'll go when you cross over, but I can say for sure your cousin Harry is plenty ****ed at you and boy are you in for a rude awakening when you get there" Nothing specific, just one feel-good BS line after another. And of course, the attendees were sucking it up. To me John Edward proved the old adage "if you feed the general public enough crap, they'll eventually acquire a taste for it"

This is the part of "mentalism" that I really can't stand. Why? Because he's steering people away from true spirituality. It was just maddening to watch. And just where is Osterlind or Banacheck when you need them.
So...if you mix "boy next door charm" with a generous dose of Cold Reading and a helping of BS patter and cover with a nice suit and Voilà! You can be a John Edward clone yourself. But no matter how you dress up, always remember and don't ever forget a turd is still a turd.
Just my opinion. I don't apologize for it...the rant over!
DavidLeeMagic.com
"...but we're magicians, and enjoy lying" -James Brown
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2013-01-01 12:34, Steve_Mollett wrote:
Point one: "FLEECE"
Point two: "KARMA"
Point three: In a few billion years, none of this will matter anyway.

I agree that "fleese" was a mistake. I think "carma" was probably an attempt at a pun.
And I don't plan my actions based on what effect they will have a few billion years from now.

I wonder if anyone's "wound him up," i.e., told a completely fictional story to see how much "psychic" help they could get. "My Uncle Henry and Aunt Emily are in dire straits because the incubator on their chicken farm in Kansas is going bad. If they lose those chicks, the bank will foreclose on their property." I'd bring up the evil neighbor being annoyed at their dog running through her yard, but I think that would be pushing it.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2013-01-17 00:47, MeHitDrum wrote:
This is the part of "mentalism" that I really can't stand. Why? Because he's steering people away from true spirituality. It was just maddening to watch. And just where is Osterlind or Banacheck when you need them.

Edward is NOT a mentalist, and what he does isn't mentalism, although mentalists sometimes use similar techniques, but to different ends. (Just because con men and pickpockets use misdirection doesn't make them "magicians."}

Mentalism is the art of stage "mind reading" FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21242 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Edwards is not a mentalist. He makes too much money.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2013-01-17 13:53, Dannydoyle wrote:
Edwards is not a mentalist. He makes too much money.

Yes. There's that, too.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » John Edwards "medium" (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL