The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Blind Choice by Roy Walton (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mtstic44
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of mtstic44
I stumbled on this effect out of one of Karl Fulves books and I think it is really brilliant. The spectators can cut the deck and shuffle the deck and
with half of the deck face up and the other face down, the spectator can separate the colors from the face up part of the deck and the performer separates his from the face down portion of the deck. So if the spectator puts down, lets say 3 red cards,the performer puts down 3 facedown cards same with the black cards. At the end of the effect the performer has seperated his cards cards,red and black. A set up is reguired but I think it is in the concept of
"Out of This World" plot. Really brilliant
duanebarry
View Profile
Special user
883 Posts

Profile of duanebarry
Giving a citation will enable others to try it out:

MORE SELF-WORKING CARD TRICKS by Karl Fulves
Blind Choice, page 50
mtstic44
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of mtstic44
Thanks duanebarry, I thought about it later but hadn't time to come back to it. Thanks again.
alicauchy
View Profile
Veteran user
Málaga, Spain
310 Posts

Profile of alicauchy
Nice effect. Another application of Gilbreath's principle.
So much to do, so little time . . .
WalterPlinge
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of WalterPlinge
Thanks for posting this. Another hidden gem in a Fulves book.
Magicmike1949
View Profile
Special user
643 Posts

Profile of Magicmike1949
Blind choice is a great trick, but it is not what is described above. Closer to the effect that you describe is the trick found on page 53 of the same book called Posi-Negative Cards.
James Kellogg III
View Profile
Regular user
San Diego
117 Posts

Profile of James Kellogg III
Awesome hidden gem thanks
ropeadope
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
453 Posts

Profile of ropeadope
Thanks for calling it out mtstic44. It was a hidden gem from me too. Yes, very strong trick.

John
Nothing is better than more.
mtstic44
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of mtstic44
My mistake, it is Pos-Negative. Thanks Magicmike1949. Both effects are hidden gems.
TheMag1cian
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1274 Posts

Profile of TheMag1cian
You should really check out "Equalizer Revealment" (Columbini/Trost). It can be found on Aldo on Trost volume 4 or 5. Spread cards left to right and have spec pick a card from each end (they will have picked one red and one black). While they're showing everybody their selections spread cards from right to left and have them insert them back in to the each end they took them out of. Go through the cards really quick and take both halves (seperated colors due to setup) and place them in two halves on table. Take portion of one of the halves, flip faceup and riffle shuffle into other half. Do same with other half. Repeat this literally as many times as you like. The spectator can even do it. Now take one of the whole halves (not a portion), flip it over and riffle shuffle in to the other half. YOU'RE ALL SET! Spread the cards on table and reveal that one of the cards they picked is the only red one among all of the blacks. Turn cards over and spread and other side reveals that the other card you chose at the start is the only black card among all the reds.

I cant tell you how impossible this looks to the spectator. Same kind of setup as OOTW. Please fellow magicians. Try this out then thank me. It simply kills!
louisk
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of louisk
Thanks for sharing !
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Blind Choice by Roy Walton (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL