The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Fay presto's rope routine (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jumbopenny
View Profile
Loyal user
Bay Area, Northern California USA
257 Posts

Profile of Jumbopenny
Can anyone tell me if Fay Presto's rope routine is in print, and where I can find it? Thanks
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Ask Bob Swaddling. He knew her in the UK.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Better still ask Fay. She has a facebook page.
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
madelaine
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of madelaine
For interest sake..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmQ-Zgu4Zj4

madelaine
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of madelaine
And Fay Presto's website -

http://www.faypresto.com/
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2013-01-02 05:06, Jumbopenny wrote:
Can anyone tell me if Fay Presto's rope routine is in print, and where I can find it? Thanks

If you are asking about the rope routine Faye Presto did in her promo video. This is the kind of rope magic one creates after they get knowledge of the basics in magic. Once you know of hundreds of ways to do magic tricks, one starts to develop their own routines by taking from here and there and putting them together.

That rope trick would not sell on the magic market, it would get to many negative comments because it is not easy enough and some of the requirements would be complained about as well. Why, because that rope trick requires clothing, skill, knowledge and most important misdirection and acting. It may look simple, but it is not.
charliemartin
View Profile
Special user
Rapid City, SD
779 Posts

Profile of charliemartin
I agree, there is so much material on the market that you can piece together your own routine to fit your personality. I did and it's unique for me. To give some references, check out John Rogers' routine, stuff by Daryl, the Abbotts' book on rope tricks.
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiI7DeE2k-Q
Tableside magic onstage, or something.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Fay presto's rope routine (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL