The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Puzzle me this... » » Rubik's Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheMagical1
View Profile
New user
Dublin, Ireland
52 Posts

Profile of TheMagical1
Help,
I used to be able to do this in under a minute and now I have forgotten how to!
Does anyone here know how to solve the Rubik's Magic?
It's made by the producer of the Rubik's Cube, but it's a flat folding puzzle made of 8 flat panels and hinged with cat gut so they can fold in a multitude of ways. It depicts three rings, and the object is to get the three rings to link together!
Michael A.
:stuckinbag:
Sleight of Mind:- "A Great Place to Stop for a Break from Reality!"
Law
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of Law
Here you go!

I think I broke 3 of these before I finally gave up playing with them. I have no idea what went wrong, but I'd bind the thing up so tight it wouldn't move in any direction.
TheMagical1
View Profile
New user
Dublin, Ireland
52 Posts

Profile of TheMagical1
Yeah,
I remember having that very problem. That's what happened to my first one all those years ago!
I was actually just sorting through my props box the other day when I found it, and I'll be dashed if I can remember how to get the thing to work, I remember I was able to do it behind my back but that was about 7 years ago!
Michael A.
:wavey:
Mushu
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of Mushu
Quote:
On 2003-11-11 13:32, Law wrote:
I think I broke 3 of these before I finally gave up playing with them. I have no idea what went wrong, but I'd bind the thing up so tight it wouldn't move in any direction.

LOL! You're not the first one, Law. Here's a link to a site where they show you how to restring a MAGIC. They also show you how to customize and build a 2x2 MAGIC, as well as combining parts from 2 MAGICs to build a super 2x8 MAGIC.

http://www.twistypuzzles.com/
TheMagical1
View Profile
New user
Dublin, Ireland
52 Posts

Profile of TheMagical1
Hi Mushu.
Thanks for the reply Mushu. I can't actually get those pages to open at the moment. But I will keep trying.

My only remaining problem is that according to you, that only tells me how to restring them, which in itself is very useful.

I still can't remember how to solve the dratted thing! Smile

Michael
Law
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of Law
TheMagical1,

Sorry I didn't make my above link for the solution more clear. Here it is again - more visible this time:
http://www.geocities.com/jaapsch/puzzles/magic.htm
m.s.magic
View Profile
Regular user
England-newcastle-
105 Posts

Profile of m.s.magic
I got a Harry Potter one for Christmas a few years back! Yes, sad I know but I was only about eight.

Best regards, tom
What is real and what is an illusion ? it all depends on your perception, reality is only limited by the boundries of the imagination, and imagination can defy the laws of everything - Criss Angel
junkdz
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of junkdz
Wow- I've been trying to "create the cube" with a rubiks magic for decades! Thanks for pointing to this site.
Montgomeryville Magician http://www.dzmagic.com Philadelphia Magician
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Puzzle me this... » » Rubik's Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL