The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Hollow Out Jumbo 3D Sponge Bunny? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kune
View Profile
Veteran user
312 Posts

Profile of Kune
I own a jumbo 3D sponge bunny, but find it's quite a handful. Does anyone have advice on good ways to hollow it out?
Donnie Buckley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Cleveland, Ohio
1123 Posts

Profile of Donnie Buckley
I cut sponge with an electric carving knife.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I'd just impale it in an inconspicuous spot and reach inside and pick out the sponge a piece at a time. You should be able to feel how close to the surface you get so you don't cause damage to the outside.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Kune
View Profile
Veteran user
312 Posts

Profile of Kune
I decided to give it a try and hope for the best.
It most went pretty well. I managed to take out about 10%-20%. It would be possible to take out a little more, but I came close to ruining it as it is.

It hasn't reduced the mass as much as I would have hoped, but I suppose that's only to be expected as the inside is a lot smaller than the outside.
Frank Yuen
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of Frank Yuen
I don't remember where I read it (perhaps Frank Garcia's Encyclopedia of Sponge Ball Magic) but there is a technique where you pinch the sponge between the first finger and thumb of both hands and basically rip the insides up as you pull the fingers apart. This shreds the inside of the sponge but does not need a hole. You repeat the procedure throughout the sponge. It makes a regular sponge much more compressible.
Kune
View Profile
Veteran user
312 Posts

Profile of Kune
I saw someone mention that previously on the Café - as I understand it, it makes the sponge larger. Although I'd definitely try it in the case of a sponge ball, I don't know what the results would be like on a bunny.
billappleton
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Gatos, California
1154 Posts

Profile of billappleton
Can you try cutting 2 bunny shapes on thin foam, then making a long ribbon that can be glued in between? that would make a perfect pocket in a foam shape. so it would be like a hat box, except instead of a circle it would be a bunny shape on top and bottom...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Hollow Out Jumbo 3D Sponge Bunny? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL