The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Lipstick Tip (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Damian
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of Damian
Some of you have probably figured this out, already.
I didn't hear about it in a lecture; had to learn the hard way.
Last night, performing at a corporate event, I had about 25 people--including the boss--jammed all around a table I was working.
I had started a routine where I needed a woman to sign a card--when I reached for my Sharpie I realized I had left it upstairs, in my hotel room. I was looking around for something to improvise with, when the lady offered her lipstick. Seemed like the best alternative. (And it left a really nice looking signature, too!)
Moved through the routine with all the planned "mistakes" and gags, and headed into the reveal, only to find that the card had disappeared! I looked on the floor--not there. Had a grabby kind of guy on my immediate right--thought maybe he swiped it. He didn't. It was a total mystery to me and to every single person watching. Of course everyone thought I was taking the **** out of them, but I couldn't think of any out...
I handled it honestly and gracefully but not cleverly. Just moved into the next routine, which was fine.
Afterwards, I went to a corner where I had some supplies stashed, and looked carefully.
The lipstick sealed her card to the next one, and I flew by it, twice.
So, be careful about improvising with lipstick, and don't forget your Sharpie.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Or do it again... on purpose.

I've used chapstick to "disappear" a card before.

Greg Wilson has a great Lipstick trick on his video "On the Spot" that I've also used.
A great impromptu miracle. You could even combine the 2.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Damian
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of Damian
Yeah, actually, I had that Greg Wilson bit floating around in the back of my mind, which is partly why I went for it when offered.

But you're right--take those lemons and bake a *** pie.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
That's weird that the system masked out the word "cherry". Smile
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Damian
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of Damian
For the life of me, I cannot figure out this CHERRY!! system...
Countage
View Profile
Veteran user
Charlotte
361 Posts

Profile of Countage
I leave sharpies at tables in the restaurants all the time. I usually carry a lot of different sharpies since I also do balloon twisting. I just go on to the next effect.
jimvines
View Profile
Regular user
Brooklyn, NY
161 Posts

Profile of jimvines
The Sharpie company allows you to put custom printing on the side of your Sharpies now (see their website).

If you have a habit of leaving Sharpies on tables, you might as well have your name and contact info on the side of the pen, so it functions like a biz card.

Just a thought! Smile

--Jim
Magic & Mentalism
Damian
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of Damian
Good idea. Kind of fun to have your name on a Sharpie, even if you don't leave them around.
jimvines
View Profile
Regular user
Brooklyn, NY
161 Posts

Profile of jimvines
You can also have the Sharpie company print, "Your card is the 3 of Clubs" on the side of the pen, and you know the rest!
Magic & Mentalism
Daz Buckley
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
469 Posts

Profile of Daz Buckley
Great!!!! Magician discovers a new marketing angle for the cosmetic industry.........Repositionable Lipstick.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Lipstick Tip (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL