The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Salt & Silver by Giovanni Livera (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2016, Wayne Whiting wrote:
Does anyone know where the "over and under" coin vanish is described?

I thinks it's in the Bobo coin book.
Andrew Davis
View Profile
Regular user
Longmont, CO
120 Posts

Profile of Andrew Davis
Final week - and we have a handful of these left.

If you have been on the fence about getting one, you have until Saturday night before it's gone.
http://www.magicandsuch.com/product/salt......-livera/

-Andrew
Owner, Magic and Such - http://www.MagicAndSuch.com
Check out our monthly special exclusively for Cafe Members!
http://www.MagicAndSuch.com/Magic-Cafe-Members/
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1157 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler
Quote:
On Jan 27, 2013, RMoreland wrote:
Well if they posted a full length video of the routine it would be a bit too easy for someone to reverse engineer after multiple viewings. So you will not find any authorized full length performances online. However if you doubt the routines potency, rest assured it is dynamite .

I guess you need to balance the sales lost to people who will sit and replay a performance video over and over until they figure out a way to do the effect against the sales lost to people won't buy an effect if they're not allowed to see it performed first.

(Yes, I know this is an old thread, but it popped up just now & this is a major peeve of mine.)
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
You can really "reverse engineer" about anything these days but what you cannot get... Are the subtleties and the psychology of audience management. Or the timing (and reason for that timing) to make an effect work. This is one routine that I personally would probably never perform. It does not look in any way to fit into my particular style of performing (and I feel it is a little messy) BUT... I have read so many great reviews of the "extras" that are taught in this effect that I may grab it up before the price goes back up. And really, even if it does, this could be one of those effects that are still worth the price of admission for the subtleties and extras, even if the effect isn't for you (or me).

I do think it is a wonderful effect to watch. I don't let the fact that it is not my particular style ever sway me away from seeing beauty in an effect. This one is very well thought out and put together.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8812 Posts

Profile of harris
I've been a fan of Goshmanesque stuff since seeing the original back in the 70's.

Like others have said, it's not my style but I can appreciate it.

Harris
still 2 old to know it all
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
coachawsm
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of coachawsm
Fyi - I don't know if this has been stated before.. but currently, if you order it on Penguin, you get a 30 USD gift code on top, that you can use for anything.
So if you wanna buy something else anyway you are basically just paying 20 for it. Just tried it and worked.
Gismologic
View Profile
Regular user
171 Posts

Profile of Gismologic
As a guy into Bizarre Magic, I tend to like story telling Magic & effects that really have a Reason to do what we do to perhaps augment a Tale.
I had been toying w/the concept of a totally silent flourish routine to close a set that puts the specs at ease.. or just blow folk away.

I have learned this up to the final phase. Working with the Big Morgan's exclusively for months, practicing with one hand on my long distance driving has enabled me to now do a verrry clean retention vanish.
A little tip, I have put matt/clear tape on the salt shaker bottom- this enables silent loading.

The "reason" to do it is to SHARE the absolute joy of the compounding of mini-miracles with them.
One learns the elegance that Magic can bring..
Giovanni's other well known treatment of the Ring & String is also an absolute joy, I have scripted a little journey through that routine and now have started to integrate it - Rope, Nut & Knot.
To those folk that remember the joy of learning & doing the Chop Cup this is equally as rewarding.
(Throw away all those Packet card tricks!)

His thinking & teaching is truly inspiring & I'd love to see him perform it live.
Vandecarr
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of Vandecarr
Has anybody tried pulling this routine off, without getting salt all over the place?

I really like the routine but I don't like the mess.
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
Quote:
On Sep 14, 2020, Vandecarr wrote:
Has anybody tried pulling this routine off, without getting salt all over the place?

I really like the routine but I don't like the mess.

I saw a magician many years ago do a private show and he had a salt shaker he was using to sprinkle salt or pixie dust (don’t honestly remember) but there was a cover under the cap so nothing actually came out. It worked as a wand to allow him to “hide” items palmed in his hand and worked quite well in that regard without making a mess.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Salt & Silver by Giovanni Livera (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL