The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » What is the most amazing magic trick in the world? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
What is the most exciting, amazing, astounding magic trick in the world?  Are you ready for the answer? 

The answer is profound.

Here is the answer: The most amazing magic trkck in the world is (a drum roll please) It's the one you happen to be performing for any given audience at any given time! 

When you are in the excitement of the moment, and you are presenting your newest miracle, (Perhaps your only one if you are new to magic) your mindset should be that the one particular item you have chosen to share IS the ultimate. That is the key to passing this excitement and amazement onto your audience.

I began practicing magic at the age of five, and since then, through the decades I have spent multiple thousands of dollars in search of that Holy Grail of amazement. And I can tell you from hard experience
it is entirely elusive!!  

Now on the start of your journey, you too will be faced with a myriad of choices of effects to purchase. I am here to tell you first of all, of course, have fun. There is a learning curve. You can't avoid that.

But hear me out: You are better off having a few good effects that you have perfected and can present and SELL to your audience, than having a truckload like yours truly, and have most 
of them end up in your junk drawer. 

What I'm trying to tell you is that even though you will certainly find several that fit you, you will never, never, NEVER find that ultimate magic effect that will end your search.

So enjoy what you have, practice and rehearse well, and when you present THAT effect, when you are connecting with your audience, remember that THIS is the most amazing magic trick in the world! 

Good luck!  Daff
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
So true daff.the magic is in yourself.
how you present it your actions and patter..
if you believe it is magic your audience will too.
todd
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Indeed. A lesson I learned well decades ago from a certain Doug Henning.

But as for beginners in magic,...God bless 'em! I know they have to find their path just like we all did. (No shortcuts!) and they are bound to bump their heads a few times on the way up. But I only hope to save them the pain and regret of wasting mountains of money trying to find that elusive will o' the wisp in the form of the "ULTIMATE" thrill magic trick, because it simply does not exist! Yes there are thousands of marvelous effects, each with it's own slice of amazement to offer. But there simply is no Holy Grail effect. There are certainly personal favorites, and there are effects that offer MUCH, but there simply is no "the most amazing magic trick in the world. " (Although dealers certainly would have us think so especially when they have wares that they need to sell.
wwhokie1
View Profile
Special user
512 Posts

Profile of wwhokie1
I have seen magic "tricks" that I thought I would never buy because they just didn't seem very good, not very magical. Then I have later seen them performed by someone who put a lot of thought, creativity and performance into the presentation; creating a real fun, magical moment. I've discovered that magic is what you create not what you buy, and real magic looks different when performed by different magicians even when they are performing the same "trick". It's the magician that makes the magic. And it is our job to make sure that the routine we are currently performing is the most magical and amazing moment in the world for our audience.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
If performed as a trick that is what it will be.
but with the right patter presentation and hand gestures.
it becomes a magical moment.
todd
scottds80
View Profile
Special user
Victoria, Australia
730 Posts

Profile of scottds80
Ken Weber says in "Maximum Entertainment", there is a heirarchy in effects. They go like this:

1. PUZZLE
2. TRICK
3. EXTRAORDINARY MOMENT

We should be aiming for extraordinary moments.
Blaine shows this a lot on his tv specials, regardless of whether we like him or not.
"Great Scott the Magician", Gippsland
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Or as Paul Harris dubbed it: The moment of astonishment.
Bicycle Rider
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of Bicycle Rider
When I was a kid, my parents performed the best magic to me: one day, they told me a mystical person will deliver presents to children in the night, I tried to stay awake to witness this. But I failed asleep. The next day, next to the tree are presents. That was one of the most magical moment for me, later in the years I learn that my parents were the magical people.
Conjurer of cheap tricks
Remagicon
View Profile
Regular user
Somewhere over the Rainbow
124 Posts

Profile of Remagicon
Mentalism effects. Regular magic can be great but mentalism goes beyond into why lay people would consider real magic
"Ars Est Celare Artem"
It is art to hide art
The Amazing Pog
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Pog
So are you saying that there's no most amazing trick, only the most amazing people ... or the most amazing moment? Smile
'One of the safest ways to make a good performance is to have tricks which work so easily, that mechanics can be forgotten and every attention devoted to presentation' - Corinda
jarro_2783
View Profile
New user
Sydney, Australia
56 Posts

Profile of jarro_2783
Do you think that if you are excited about your trick, and you convey that to your audience, that they will be excited too? So if you feel like this is your best trick, your audience will sense that and enjoy the trick much more than if you really aren't enthusiastic about it at all?

So in other words, the best trick in the world is the one that you are really excited to show your friends at that moment. If you like the trick, they will sense it and love it too.
Jarryd Beck, Sydney, Australia
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » What is the most amazing magic trick in the world? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL