The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Slot Box Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wsgumby
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of wsgumby
I purchased Scott F. Gunn's UN Coin Box routines and the gaffed coins to do the Oki-Dokito routine. Then I discovered that the English penny expanded shell will not fit in my Buddha slot box. What makes of boxes will work?
tm613
View Profile
Regular user
Phila, PA
124 Posts

Profile of tm613
Jim Zee or Roth boxes

And since you can buy Zee boxes individually that seems like your best bet
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
I THINK Johnsons' will take shell, Steve Shufton's box also takes a shell. It's slightly taller than most boxes, which aids in Roth's rim steals, it's a nice box, I just wish the lid had as much heft to it. I'm sure there are others that take a shell as well.

Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
tm613
View Profile
Regular user
Phila, PA
124 Posts

Profile of tm613
Johnson's will not take a shell
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Correct. I just tried it. Jim Zee or Roth boxes...yep. Good post!

Doug
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2705 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
The boxes that Michael Myatt makes will take an expanded shell too.
Bri
ljsviol
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of ljsviol
Be aware that the size of the expanded shell may cause problems. I have a Moonlight Magic Okito Box set (half dollar size), advertised to handle an expanded shell with no problem. One of my Lassen sets is fine, another supposedly-Lassen set is not, and my separate Tango exp. shell will not fit. I wrote Michael when I discovered this - not to criticize or complain, just to give him a data point.

Larry S.
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2705 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
Thanks Larry,
I've tried mine with a Bob Swadling, and a Tango silverline and they work fine. What I did do with Micheal was sent him the coins I was using at the time and he made the boxes for the coins.
Perhaps that's the best approach?
Bri
Calvin Tong
View Profile
Special user
718 Posts

Profile of Calvin Tong
Does Steve Shufton make a slot box? I have the Shufton okito box which fits an expanded shell but did not know he had a slot box as well.

I also feel the lid does not match the box in weight.

caL
Cal Tong
President Emeritus
IBM Ring 216 Silicon Valley
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2896 Posts

Profile of Tom G
I believe Jim Z has retired from manufacturing.
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FL
880 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
Z has retired but I believe daytona magic bought the rights and are now making the z boxes. Only thing I found is that when he was making them the thickness was nice but they have gotten thinner since daytona took over, just my findings for the record. Ask around and hopefully you find more info.
Profits over people are a common thing . Be uncommon and be the best .
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1693 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Quote:
On 2013-02-12 03:59, Calvin Tong wrote:
Does Steve Shufton make a slot box? I have the Shufton okito box which fits an expanded shell but did not know he had a slot box as well.

I also feel the lid does not match the box in weight.

caL

Cal, I'm sorry that was my mistake. I was going through my boxes to see which ones took a shell, Shufton doesn't make a slot box. Sorry for the mix up.

Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Slot Box Question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL