The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » 21st Century Suspension? Review requested: (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Evan Williams
View Profile
Elite user
439 Posts

Profile of Evan Williams
Hi,

I am putting together my stage show right now and am looking for a suspension/levitation to add right now. I came across this one and when I saw the price I thought it might be a consideration.

One thing that caught my eye in the description was: "The effect can be done surrounded if you use your assistant." I would plan on using my assistant, so does that actually mean I could have people 360 degrees around me as the illusion goes on???

Also, is this an easy illusion to build for less than $400? Any good sources for plans to build something similar?

Ideas, reviews, anything! will be much of help to me.

Thanks!

Evan
Brian Haagen
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of Brian Haagen
Hey Evan, where do you find this levitation/suspension at?
Evan Williams
View Profile
Elite user
439 Posts

Profile of Evan Williams
Opps! I new I forgot something. Smile

I found it at: http://www.tilfordillusions.com/

Do a search for "21st Century Suspension" and it is the second from the top I believe.

Evan
James Fortune
View Profile
Special user
UK
509 Posts

Profile of James Fortune
You've GOT to check out Anton Corradin's LOUNGE SUSPENSION!

It's also on Tilford's site.

Stunning!
Warmest regards
James

James Fortune MIMC
www.comedymagiciansurrey.co.uk
www.bestweddingmagician.co.uk
brandonford1982
View Profile
Veteran user
304 Posts

Profile of brandonford1982
BEWARE!!! Very deceptive description. Cannot be done surrounded and willnot hold much weight. Has a tendency to bow and the board moves like its attached to something. I ahd one and returned it due to the fact its junk. But that's my opinion. There are people on here that LOVE the illusion. I don't. Do a search for the trick and you will find it being dicussed a few times here.
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
I have been using this suspension for about 4 years. You can see it in my avatar. This is an entry level suspension. It can't be done surrounded.

As your assistant gets on the board will sag a few inches (and raise up when she gets off). I have found a way to compensate for this. It will hold 120 pounds. The gimmick placement is on the base so you can't pull the support completely off the base. Again, I have found a way to help compensate for this.

I get great reactions to this suspension. Add a little bit of presentation, a fog machine and a Blaney Hoop and it can be very good. If you expect a Blaney suspension for $400 though, you will be disappointed.

Mike
tilford
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of tilford
Hi,

Basically, Mike is correct. It really should not be done surrounded.

The manufacturer felt it could be by assistant s arm draped over the gimmick.

I always tell people this when they contact me.

Sincerely,

Douglas Tilford
http://www.tilfordillusions.com
magician@tilfordillusions.com
Phone (386) 322-7308
Fax (386) 761-3973
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
One other important point about this suspension is that it all comes apart for easy transportation and is not too heavy.
cardone
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of cardone
I have the same one and I do not like it . I think about 75 lbs is good ,...any more look out .....wiggle wiggle....wobble. The supports are a type of cardboard and the gimmick is in the wrong spot....cheepola ...I like the MAK flying carpet....more deceptive..........
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Stage Illusions » » 21st Century Suspension? Review requested: (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL