The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Trying to locate a card trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sniper1
View Profile
Veteran user
malta eu
343 Posts

Profile of sniper1
This card trick is a very old gem which I'm trying to find.

from what I can remember the effect goes along the line of having the spectator shuffle the deck and then he is instructed deal pairs of cards face up at a time , if they are both red they go in 1 pile if they are both black they go in a 2nd pile and if they are different they go in a discard pile . then you show a prediction which all that I can remember about is that it states that the red or the black pile has 4 more cards than the other pile

does this ring any bells ???
THE MOST CRAZY MAGICIAN ON THE MALTESE ISLANDS
murf
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, TX
264 Posts

Profile of murf
Sounds like Stewart James' Miraskill.

Murf
sniper1
View Profile
Veteran user
malta eu
343 Posts

Profile of sniper1
That's the one , thanks a lot murf . knew it was in the encyclopedia of card magic , but didn't know where to start .
THE MOST CRAZY MAGICIAN ON THE MALTESE ISLANDS
murf
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, TX
264 Posts

Profile of murf
By the way, Tom Westerhide sells (at least he did a couple of years ago) an interesting non-card version of Maraskill. It uses colored balls in clear plastic tubes. The tubes stand vertically, like candle sticks, making a very attractive display.

Murf
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2013-02-03 19:43, murf wrote:
By the way, Tom Westerhide sells (at least he did a couple of years ago) an interesting non-card version of Maraskill. It uses colored balls in clear plastic tubes. The tubes stand vertically, like candle sticks, making a very attractive display.

Murf

Which is directly taken from the Stewart James books. The ONLY difference is that the routine found in James books uses candy. I am assuming Tom Westerhide obtained permission to market this routine? I will research it further as there may also be a permission issue in that the section of The James File which covers this effect contains variants by other magicians. Moreover, I believe that even though the effects in the first book (Stewart James in Print)only go up to the mid 1970s, they are not public domain. I am not accusing Tom Westerhide of theft. I am hoping that this isn't yet another case of taking an effect out of a book, tweaking it slightly and marketing it without permission.

Namaste,
Vlad
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Trying to locate a card trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL