The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Space Age elastic and Internal Flippers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
There is one benefit that a rubber band has as opposed to the space age clear elastic - the lack of a knot.

I've had a great deal of trouble with knotting an internal groove flipper that I have - the double knot I tied would not go into the hole in the edge, and then the double knot untied itself. Pretty slick stuff!

I have a question is to owners of the new version Double Deception who have had to re-thread it with the special elastic.

(yes, I'm aware it should last forever, but accidents happen, though rare...)

Did getting a decent knot cause any fit and finish problems due to the size of the knot you tied? Obviously, it came out of the box fine, so there is definitely a way to get it done. I exchanged an email with Mark Mason, and re-threading it should be a snap, but wondered if someone who has tied off a knot in a new version Double Deception has encountered any issues.

Thanks in advance -
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
I have a Triception set but so far (knock on wood), I haven't had to replace the thread. I have puttered around with the thread, though, so I know what you mean about the knotting. Easily tied - but comes undone almost the moment there is no tension on the line. Are you trying to use the thread on a normal flipper? Because that might be the problem. The next gen is designed to fit and hold the knot. The channel is too small on an ordinary flipper. (this is from personal experience of about 4 frustrating hrs).

If you are talking about the next gen/double deception, there is a knack to it. I watched Mark do it in about 15 seconds multiple times (he purposely broke the thread several times so he could demonstrate replacing it).

From what I could tell from the demonstrations and my own puttering, the key seems to be keeping tension on the thread as you pull the knot almost into the channel - then clip the ends so that it goes in easily. Once the knot is in the channel you can fit the loop into the groove.

PM me if that's not clear.

Regards,

Alan
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
"The next gen is designed to fit and hold the knot. The channel is too small on an ordinary flipper."

Ah... These are the things I am wondering about. BTW, I was using the elastic with a Tango folder, but wondered how a knot issue might apply to the new version DD. I'm assuming both Next Gen (from Triception) and DD are magnetic, so they could be the exact same item piece? If so, sounds like what applies to a Next Gen flipper will appliy to the DD - designed to hold the knot.

I can't imagine the new DD would have problems with knots - curious though about peoples' experiences with it though.

Thanks, Alan!
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Space Age elastic and Internal Flippers (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL