The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Under Appreciated Tenyo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
Illusion Scale is brilliant--you have to try it, pieces on the table in front of you, to see the illusion. Then you need to perform it for people and see their reactions. Quite amazing. You're free not to like it, but it would be nice if you said why.
Houdini103126
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Houdini103126
Quote:
On 2013-02-12 12:37, mirror mate wrote:
Yes for sure illusion scale is total rubbish

Why? This I have to hear.
mirror mate
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of mirror mate
Just because for me it is nothing new or innovative,i had a similar trick in an old magic circle marvins magic set,just not my cup of tea at all,sorry if I upset you all on this. I do prefer gems like MIRAGE or CRYSTAL CLEAVER Or T O D etc etc. don't string me up lol .
magic patagonia
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magic patagonia
After seen video on stereo's blog I see that there the fact that one that one strip is really shorter than the other and the addition of the ruller is an innovation and increased the effect on me as an spectator......I will try it with some people to see their reaction......I have to practice the routine because is not trivial....
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1039 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
I thought it was the same old arc illusion too until I got it. Fact they are different size and the ruler was never included in any previous versions of this makes it completely different. Hitomi has a video from japan she sends out when you buy it from her that shows the illusion really good and the spectators reaction is great. Do it like in that video you will get the same response too.
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Illusion Scale is not the old boomerang trick, which is simply an optical illusion (most of the time manufactured incorrectly). It is an actual magic effect with a secret method--a brilliant method.
Houdini103126
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Houdini103126
Quote:
On 2013-02-12 13:19, mirror mate wrote:
Just because for me it is nothing new or innovative,i had a similar trick in an old magic circle marvins magic set,just not my cup of tea at all,sorry if I upset you all on this. I do prefer gems like MIRAGE or CRYSTAL CLEAVER Or T O D etc etc. don't string me up lol .

You have the right to dislike whatever you like. I don't think anyone is actually upset that you don't like Illusion Scale, I'm certainly not.

I will say, I do not agree that it is not an innovative effect, the application of the Illusion scale gimmick is brilliant.

@Roberto - I think if you did an Illusion Scale video, it could be amazing.
NashvilleNewman
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of NashvilleNewman
I have to agree with Richard, Houdini and the others. I bought 5 of them from Hitomi because I never want to be without one. It's a quick presentation (you can't let them think too long about it) fits perfectly in your pocket, is made very well and even comes in it's own carrying case! I've performed it many times and despite the old "rainbow / boomerang" optical illusion that most laypeople are familiar with, this one really fools them. But them up before they're gone!
Bill Scape
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Bill Scape
Very simple but always gets great reactions is undercover cube. A wee smasher of a trick!
cyberdave03
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of cyberdave03
Quote:
Illusion Scale is not the old boomerang trick, which is simply an optical illusion (most of the time manufactured incorrectly). It is an actual magic effect with a secret method--a brilliant method.

?? Were there 2 versions of 'Illusion Scale' released, because the one I have relies completely on optical illusion - there is no hidden gimmick or sleight of hand, and any spectator who could remember the sequence of presentation could reproduce the effect immediately.

I have mixed feelings about the trick, as, if the spectator DOESN'T think about the trick, the effect is astounding, but if they DO give it a minute's thought, the underlying principle becomes obvious. The "trick" is gone, though the eye still remains fooled by the optical illusion.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

There is only one version of Illusion Scale: two boomerangs and the measuring boomerang. No sleight of hand.

The visual illusion is so strong that it overcomes the spectator's ability to convince himself that the solution he thinks is correct is the real one.

This is true of lots of magic, like any levitation: the audience knows something is supporting the person who is floating, but the fact that support is not visible, plus the added convincers, are what make it effective.

Think about Lubor Fiedler's "Anti-Gravity Rock." Sure, the rock floats, but there would be nothing convincing about it if you could not move the tray around underneath it--the seemingly free movement of the tray under the stationary rock "proves" that nothing supporting the rock is resting on it.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

What I need to add, of course, is that your presentation is vital to the success of tricks like this, because you are the one who directs the spectator's attention to what is important (and away from what has to remain unimportant).
WalterPlinge
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of WalterPlinge
I think Superspike is another one to add to the list. The method is pretty diabolical.
I have the Dark Dagger version released by Magicworks/MB.
WalterPlinge
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of WalterPlinge
Quote:
On 2013-02-09 18:30, John Mazza wrote:
PILLARS OF THOR

You can't give this trick away and I know there are many hundreds of them still laying around yet to be sold.

Why has this trick lagged behind the others?

The video on Stereo's blog shows a great presentation of the trick and it is not hard to do or remember.

I bought this one today at my local magic shop for $10. It really is a great effect! And you can't beat the price!
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Didn't know where to post this but after all the talking about Illusion Scale this seemed the proper place.

There's a new trick based on the optical illusion Illusion Scale uses: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnFw0-udWBM . The stand is a great idea!

Can't beat Tenyo's version imho, but good for the parlor or stage magician perhaps Smile
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
I tried editing my previous post but I was too late it seems.

Anyway, a thread in the secret sessions forum rekindled my interest in Tenyo's Ghost Puzzle ... a wonderfull effect in my opinion! I performed it a few times in the past and it always got great reactions!
Houdini103126
View Profile
Elite user
407 Posts

Profile of Houdini103126
I'm looking for a Ghost Puzzle.

If anyone has one BNIP, please PM me...
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Quote:
On 2013-05-17 11:19, Killertweety wrote:

Anyway, a thread in the secret sessions forum rekindled my interest in Tenyo's Ghost Puzzle ... a wonderfull effect in my opinion! I performed it a few times in the past and it always got great reactions!

What thread you are talking about ?
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Quote:
On 2013-05-18 15:22, stereo wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-05-17 11:19, Killertweety wrote:

What thread you are talking about ?

This one: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=37&19 .
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Under Appreciated Tenyo (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL