The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » John Mulholland's Book Of Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

malamoney
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of malamoney
Can anyone give me a review of this book? Is it for a beginner or more advanced student of magic?

Seems to contain a wide variety of magic effects.

Thanks.
mysticz
View Profile
Special user
D.C. metro area
680 Posts

Profile of mysticz
John Mulholland’s Book of Magic is applicable to both beginners and advanced practioners of the magic craft. Its opening and closing chapters contain some very interesting and valuable information about magic principles as well as excellent advice about the performance of magic. Mulholland describes tricks and routines for both close up and stage performance and a section on magic for children. Magic includes card effects and a system for card setup, a rings and strings effect, coin magic, torn and restored napkin, rubber band magic, and tricks with matches, dollar bills, etc., silk magic, cigars, milk, ESP, business cards, and much more.

It was one of my first magic books years ago and I still like to read through it today.

Joe Z.
Joe Zabel
"Psychic Sorcery"

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

-- Shakespeare's Hamlet I.v. 174-175
Feral Chorus
View Profile
Elite user
CA
495 Posts

Profile of Feral Chorus
There was a thread awhile ago, probably in "Penny for your Thoughts" with very positve comments about the coding system in the book.
malamoney
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of malamoney
Thanks for the responses. After I read it, I'll report back.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » John Mulholland's Book Of Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL