The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Alternative Phrase. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

drewer
View Profile
New user
NoVa
100 Posts

Profile of drewer
Hi,
Recently I was working on improving my kids show and I realized that after every trick, I would say "Give [Name of assistant] a round of applause". I thought that this was a bit repetitive, but I could not think up any alternative phrases. "Everyone clap for [Name]"?
Does anyone have any other ways that they ask the audience to applaud for them or an assistant?

Keep in mind, this is for a KIDS' show, so they usually need to be cued to applaud. They don't usually applaud when they see something magical happen. And obviously I do want the assistant to get applause.
Thanks, Drew
Andy Tauber
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver WA
106 Posts

Profile of Andy Tauber
How about asking didn't [name] do great? Kids love an oportunity to yell.
Andy Tauber

www.magicalmischief.org

Twitter: @AMagicMischief

“Children see magic because they look for it.”

I used to think I wasn't a morning person, but things never got better after lunch!
drewer
View Profile
New user
NoVa
100 Posts

Profile of drewer
Thanks for the reply. I didn't even think about asking them a question.
I will definitely consider this line. Thank you.
Andy Tauber
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver WA
106 Posts

Profile of Andy Tauber
Quote:
On 2013-02-13 17:38, drewer wrote:
Thanks for the reply. I didn't even think about asking them a question.
I will definitely consider this line. Thank you.

My pleasure and I'm glad you found it helpful.
Andy Tauber

www.magicalmischief.org

Twitter: @AMagicMischief

“Children see magic because they look for it.”

I used to think I wasn't a morning person, but things never got better after lunch!
KarstenMeyerhoff
View Profile
New user
Germany
92 Posts

Profile of KarstenMeyerhoff
What's wrong with: "When I first saw this trick/effect/thing ..., I was so baffled, I totally forgot to applaud!" or "Many magicians get very nervous when the audience applauds - not the case with [name]!" or "Can you clap your hands? {usually children will start to yell or clap or both} - Can you yell? {see above} - Can you stamp your feet? {see above again} - Now, why don't you do the three things together for [name] for this marvelous trick/effect/thing ...?". Depends a bit on the age group, of course.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The words we use » » Alternative Phrase. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL