The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » String for Gypsy Thread Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
I perform Gypsy thread and use Camirands Glo-Thread.

But I'm looking for some STRING that breaks easy.

If they have bright colors that would even be better.

But WHITE STRING is good.

I guess it's the kind of string they would wrap up
your box of baked items in a Bakery.

I did a Google search with no luck.

String Source would be appreciated.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
931 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
I'm in the middle of going through a bunch of different types of thread for this trick. Danny Orleans' new video set inspired me. When I get enough I'm planning on doing a quick video review.

Let me know what you find!
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
I have different kinds of thread but am looking for string that is easy to break.

A magician friend showed me how to dye thread and string. A little bit of work but
the color really pops.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
ncsteve
View Profile
Veteran user
North Carolina
313 Posts

Profile of ncsteve
The last I bought I found at Walmart but I don't remember the name. It did not come on a spool but has a paper covering on the roll. It's a little thicker than ordinary sewing thread so shows up better. It's cotton and breaks fairly easily.
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
STRING that breaks easy.

Not thread.

I have miles of thread.

Maybe I should have posted "Gypsy String"

Any wholesale source for String that breaks easy?
Jeff Haas
View Profile
Special user
931 Posts

Profile of Jeff Haas
I have something on order that may work, I'll let you know how it goes.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
You can buy Tony Clark's string, that would make it simple as you can get a huge amount (2,400 feet) for the money. In case you did not know, Tony has a super Gypsy string effect with an helium balloon.

http://www.tonyclarkmagic.com/magicshop/......ct_id=88

I found if you get "Twine" string, and separate the stands, one strand breaks very easily. As with, anytime you change the props in a sleight of hand trick, the method will then have to be changed. String is just to thick to be worked like the thread trick.

Search on Amazon dot com for Twine string, there are many types listed. Most are made up of 10 or so stands of string and twisted. If you separate the Twine and remove one stand, it will break easily.

There is household Twine, Baker's Twine, Butcher's Twine, and all sorts of different sizes of Twine.

Sorry, just noticed you said, "wholesale". I doubt that Tony Clark will give up his supplier. My mistake, maybe someone else can use this information.
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
GREAT INFORMATION.
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Tony Clark Thread might be good or even the best but his shipping to europe is 40$!!!!! The thread itself is only 30$. That makes it out of question for european customers. I don't think he has lots of sales to europe with postage prices like that...

J-M
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
I just got a spool of the Tony Clark Thread.

It's perfect for Gypsy Thread.

Breaks easy.

You get 29 lifetime supplies (it seems like)

You may want to put/roll it onto a smaller spool,
but that's not a problem for most.

If you want to dye it a more vibrant color, you can.

I like it.

Nez
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1452 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
Thanks for the link.

Ray
Mentalism in Ontario.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » String for Gypsy Thread Routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL