The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Bicycle vs others (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Quote:
On 2013-02-16 22:56, arizona wrote:
It takes me about a good two weeks to break in a deck...

Really? You get more than two weeks out of a deck of Bikes? That's great. Can't see how you manage that, though. Mine seem to get nasty and ready for the MCF pile way before the two week mark.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Is anyone using the Bicycle Prestige Deck. It's very durable, shuffles well, not the greatest for fanning but who cares? Overall I find the to be a great deck for pure slight of hand effects. Although a bit pricey I have been farrow shuffling and bridging them for 3 days straight for a few hours a day and no nicks or dings on the edges or corners like you would get from a regular "paper" deck. Any other pros/cons anyone has found?
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
One of my pals just gifted me a Texan deck. Not opened yet. What are YOUR thoughts on this deck?
TH

Occupy Your Dream
arizona
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of arizona
By breaking them in I will do a lot of fanning, springing and overhand shuffles and farrow face up into face down and let it sit in the card case with weights on top when I put them away. After two weeks of that is when I start doing sleights and manipulations with them with no trouble with it warping, farrowing or having slickness problems.
Tfet
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of Tfet
Quote:
On 2013-02-17 04:36, Poof-Daddy wrote:
Is anyone using the Bicycle Prestige Deck. It's very durable, shuffles well, not the greatest for fanning but who cares? Overall I find the to be a great deck for pure slight of hand effects. Although a bit pricey I have been farrow shuffling and bridging them for 3 days straight for a few hours a day and no nicks or dings on the edges or corners like you would get from a regular "paper" deck. Any other pros/cons anyone has found?

I think they are a little too slippery. They are also thicker than normal cards which puts off my touch for strike DL's and such. I have also tried the 100% plastic bicycle cards see here: http://www.difattamagic.com/index.php?pa......&find=Go

Same deal. Slippery and thick. Then after a while they really seem sticky. I've washed them, Put fanning powder on them and such, But it seems like they "Wear" oddly. They are nice for certain things but as a regular deck... Nah

BTW fanning powder IS NOT the answer! lol Found that out.
greig ewen
View Profile
Elite user
473 Posts

Profile of greig ewen
Dan & Dave on their 'and then some' dvd have some good info about breaking in a deck and smoothing the edges etc. Through in a card clip and your cheap deck o bikes should last you a good while. Have fun. Greig
Einmaliger
View Profile
Regular user
Germany
199 Posts

Profile of Einmaliger
Although I think the Phoenix are better for many sleights, I use mostly bikes as they less expensive and "good enough".
Carducci
View Profile
Special user
Denver
543 Posts

Profile of Carducci
Quote:
On 2013-02-17 11:52, Atom3339 wrote:
One of my pals just gifted me a Texan deck. Not opened yet. What are YOUR thoughts on this deck?

Texan playing cards (below) are my favorite brand of playing cards. They handle better than anything else I've ever used, faro right out of the box, seem to last *much* longer and look beautiful when fanned.

I rarely use them both since they can be difficult to find at times but also the non-bordered back design is not always practical for me. I do have a few dozen decks set aside though.

My go-to cards are tally-ho circle backs. I was also quite fond of league back bicycles when they were still in production.
Dea7h
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Dea7h
My vote goes to tally-ho as an alternative to bikes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Bicycle vs others (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL