The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Digital Dissolve with Tango Slippery Expanded [ (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of shakuni
Hi, I know that Digital Dissolve can be done with Tango Slippery Expanded half dollar [ but I am wondering if the penny edge will be visible too much just before the transformation?
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Shouldn't be a problem.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of shakuni
Thanks Sir!
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I once owned a Tango slippery half shell, and personally prefer a SS to have much more of the edge on it than the Tango had on it. I purchased it about 5 years ago, and have since filed off the entire edge for use in another effect. Perhaps currently Tango makes them with more edge intact.

That's not to say that having less of the edge should prevent one from performing DD with it. You may wish to experiment with purchasing an expanded shell and filing off just over half the edge. I made my own lightly locking version that way.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of shakuni
@Chessmann

Hi Sir, can you please post how can I file off the edge from a normal shell?
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of shakuni
Confirmed. Just received my Tango half dollar SS and digital dissolve can't be done using it as the edge of the shell is very clearly visible (when an english penny is in it). Any way to resolve the issue?
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
You just don’t make that part visible; you have to use care and handle your angles carefully. With a sliding shell half of whatever coin is nested within it will be visible to whatever extent you make it visible. There is no way to make it foolproof! It is not a self-working gaff. You must handle it carefully and only allow the angle to be seen that you wish to be seen. There is no way to make the open part of the rim invisible; if you can't handle that then you should use a standard expanded shell.

Jim
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I just re-visited the topic.

I can't see that there is any way to resolve the issue - I'm not sure whether the problem is that there is not enough of the edge going the coin, or that the English Penny is too think for the SS's edge to cover it. if the former, there's nothing you can do except take a file or belt sander and file away about half of another expanded shell. If the latter, go to a coin store and find a coin that is thinner. There can be quite a variance in EPs. Should be lots of other coins they have that you can experiment with. Many coin stores have a big box of old coins you can sort through.

I do the C/S Transpo effect with Morgan dollars and copper crowns, but I made my own half dollar version by modifying a half dollar shell and finding another coin in the junk coin box at the coin shop and found a PERFECT fit.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of shakuni
The problem is different. Its that the edge of the shell is visible. When I put the penny in the shell, the shiny silver edge is clearly visible around it. Any way to make it browner...
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1108 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
If you'd bought Digital Dissolve you wouldn't be having this problem.
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of shakuni
I know. The problem is that its out of stock at almost all big dealers. And I cannot order just this as the postage costs me about $67. So I have to always order multiple items Smile
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Ah, I see. Only thing you can do - short of finding a commercial version - is to find a better alternative to the English penny.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Ah, I see. Only thing you can do - short of finding a commercial version - is to find a better alternative to the English penny.
TheHbomb
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of TheHbomb
Digital Dissolve is still available on Theory 11.
cablerock
View Profile
Veteran user
362 Posts

Profile of cablerock
Take some sand paper and sand down the edge of the silver shell so that it is not so deep. That way the silver edge won't be visible from the necessary angles.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I would suggest going to Vanishing Inc and dropping $10.00 on Pure Imagination by Scott Robinson

IMAGINE causing a card to disappear SLOWLY and VISUALLY. IMAGINE performing the vanish with just three cards. IMAGINE doing it with no gaffs.

At Vanishing Inc. we are honored to be working with underground legend Scott Robinson. We begin our collaboration with one of his finest creations: a card vanish that has fooled and inspired many of the top magicians in the industry. The effect is as simple as it is beautiful: a signed card disappears between two others, and then appears a moment later. The fine finesse points and subtleties used make this an extraordinary piece of magic worthy of study and use

Along with two tricks using this amazing card vanish, you'll also learn Differences: an incredible three for one coin transposition (requires a gimmick coin that you likely already own) **********and Loose Change; an impromptu handling of ******Digital Dissolve *******by BJ Bueno and Steve Dusheck.

Running time: 24 minutes, 18 seconds.

Very simple - uses a us penny and a us nickel. 4 great effects, fully explained, 2 card 2 coin - well worth the $10
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Digital Dissolve with Tango Slippery Expanded [ (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL