The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Productions 'Body Loading' (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chintamani
View Profile
New user
UK
39 Posts

Profile of Chintamani
I'm not sure if this is the best forum in which to post this but...

Where can I find info on productions and body loading. I recently saw a brilliant close-up act where the magician produced all sorts of objects under a silk. Excellent misdirection etc. I've scanned my magic library at home and have one or two references but can anyone point me in the right direction for further learning?

Many thanks.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Jim Pace's lecture contains some great info on this--both stealing, producing, as well as stealing and RE-producing items from the table. Also, Ammar's Topit tapes give some great info on this, as do Cloutier's vids on topit and sleeving.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Victor Brisbin
View Profile
Elite user
Washington, DC / NOVA
432 Posts

Profile of Victor Brisbin
For a look at loading your spectators (!),
check out Tarbell Vol. 5 (Lesson 63) on Hat and Coat productions. Granted, not too many are wearing hats these days, but the loading of a spectator's coat is bold and surprising.

On a side note, I received a catalog of hats in today's mail. Unfortunately, "one size fits most" doesn't apply to my large and active melon.

I'm not sure I have what it takes to load a live duck or rabbit into a volunteer's coat, either, but it would be impressive! Smile Especially if you loaded his/her coat or pocket with something while you're working close-up.

I had the pleasure of hanging out with the late and great Tommy Edwards in Chicago some years ago. Each time I arrived back at my room after an evening out with Tommy and kind people like Jay Marshall and John Shirley, invariably I found something that Tommy had loaded into one of my coat pockets during the evening.

One time it was a thimble with his advertising imprint. Another time it was a folded (faux) twenty dollar bill, with his business card info inside. This is still a great idea.

Surreptiously load the pockets of your restaurant and strolling audiences with your own unique promo pieces, during the course of your routines. They'll talk about it later.
"It is better to practice a little than talk a lot." - Muso Kokushi
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Also, check out Chuck Fayne's "Card on the Seat and Other Loads in Your Pants."
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
Hi,

There is an old book called The Art of Body loading and production, by Eddie Joseph you should get it for under $10.00 and it is packed with info (some dated) it includes productions from borrowed Jackets ext. As I say a bit Dated but much is still usable or adaptable and for the price not a bad buy!
phillip

Just noticed you are from the UK
Magic books by post have the above book for £6.00

Phillip Smile
Chintamani
View Profile
New user
UK
39 Posts

Profile of Chintamani
Thank you for your advice everyone, I shall follow your leads and see how I get on.
Victor Brisbin
View Profile
Elite user
Washington, DC / NOVA
432 Posts

Profile of Victor Brisbin
Dear Chintamani: I forgot to mention that you need a good cover story if you get caught with your hand inside their pocket, purse, or clothing while loading them. Maybe you could tell them that you were "overcome with attraction," or "I was confused, I'm looking for my medication." I'm sure you can come up with something more plausible. Let me know how it goes. As for me, I'm practicing Chuck Fayne's Card on the Seat, since I don't have the $$ budgeted for the giant card commercial version. Smile
"It is better to practice a little than talk a lot." - Muso Kokushi
Magique Hands
View Profile
Loyal user
Lincoln, NE.
247 Posts

Profile of Magique Hands
'Loading the guests' takes an incredible amount of skill and TACT. For visual productions and the like, Mac King does an incredible production of a huge rock from his shoe, followed by a soda can. His act of course is a stand-up show, so his productions will not play well for people dining in a restaurant.

Also, watching 'pick-pocket' acts (good ones) will show you the huge amounts of confidence and tact necessary when loading other people. You'll learn quick timing, mis-direction, and quick attention span stuff.

Magically,
- - Troy
"If you go around sprinkling Woofle Dust on everything... people will think 'My... What an odd character." www.magicmafia.com
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
For producing objects from your shoe, see Jarle Lierpoll's "Pocket Power". It's available as a book, there is a tape but it doesn't have all of the contents of the book.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Productions 'Body Loading' (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL