The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Something completely different in stage magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

stuartmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Derby England (UK)
240 Posts

Profile of stuartmagic
Many magicians wrongly say that there is nothing new in stage magic but hopefully some of them changed their minds if they went to the recent sell out success of The Blackpool Convention here in the UK once they had witnessed the superb magic and artistry of the Korean performers.

For those that are still looking for something completely different from doves, cards or billiard balls then here is one idea I came across http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs63-TtChyw

Move it on for 45 seconds if you don't want the intro.
RJH
View Profile
Elite user
Finland
477 Posts

Profile of RJH
THAT'S SICK! Jesus...

RJH
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Something is fishy about that act.

As for the stick to snake... I did the walsh version in the 70s (but I think someone else did it a few years earlier)
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Looks like tomorrow's Sushi menu.

Interesting though.
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Fishing for compliments
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
What would have been a good topper is if the tank was picked-up, like as-in the classic cage (with a cloth over it) and he walked forward THEN tossed the cloth and was holding a giant Grouper.

Then he would have his own groupie.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Well, uh...the audience liked it....
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The audience liked it because they did not know they were there for dinner. Show and meal in one! I don't understand the reaction of the audience, they eat this seafood every day.

Still nothing new here - in this sick and ridiculous demonstration. Using a sea creature does not make the magic new.
stuartmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Derby England (UK)
240 Posts

Profile of stuartmagic
Quote:
On 2013-03-03 17:53, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Still nothing new here - in this sick and ridiculous demonstration. Using a sea creature does not make the magic new.

Hi Bill. Hope you didn't take my comments about "new" stuff too seriously as it was meant to be a bit tongue in cheek Smile. The trouble is when you write something down it doesn't always read the same as if you heard someone say it.

Anyhow it just astonishes me as to what extremes some people use to try to win over an audience. Whilst this act could not be played everywhere it was obviously done to get the publicity and shock value from an audience which is what all these type of shows are about. I can only imagine the uproar that this would have caused if done over here in the UK.

Stuart.
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
I don't remember Koreans being into shushi when I was there in the 50s. I think that is a Japanese thing. Nevertheless, I wonder what his props smell like? At least with birds and small animals any smell is minimal and would go away, not with fish.
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
That's awesome. PETA would be on him in a second in this country.
Official Thread Killer
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Something completely different in stage magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL