The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Benglas Effect by Taiwan Ben (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Benglas Effect by Taiwan Ben - Trick

Tweet As known to everyone, the magicians have been figured out how the berglas effect works since many years ago. If you were still looking for the one you do not disappointed, I would like to present you the Be"n"glas effect that will be your favortie version.

This Product Features:

NO Stooges.
Instant Reset.
No deck switches.
Any Bicycle Deck can be used.
The deck of cards can be examined.
The wallet can be seen or put on the spectator's hand before the process.
Two spectator chosen their numbers at random.
Any Card can be your prediction.
Additional variations:
Two spectators are asked to name the number and the 3rd spectator choose any card
A sealed deck of card possibly.

Any reviews on this? I cant seem to find any??
Thanks.
afuoco
View Profile
Loyal user
Virginia
208 Posts

Profile of afuoco
Hocus-Pocus has a video on it but it's useless. Can't tell who's doing what to whom. Also the wallet is confusing--is this an ACAAN or a CAAN. Going to need a lot more info on this at the $84 price that H-P is asking.
Arnie
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Anyone? I see this is on Penguin now.
asherfox
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of asherfox
Still waiting review. and I agree the wallet is confusing. How many cards is in the wallet?
Magicmagician83
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Magicmagician83
Just watched the demo at themagicwarehouse.com. This is NOT the Berglas Effect. The Berglas Effect involves a spectatot naming a card, naming a number, and the card is found at that number, the deck being in full view, and even as performed by Berglas, entirely in the hands of the spectator. No envelope or prediction. The mere fact this uses an envelope tells me not to buy this as a Berglas Effect. It looks like a decent effect, but for $109.00, I will stick with the Grail, or better yet, Andy Nyman's INSANE. But NOT X-act. That was a rip off. My two cents.
davidmag
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of davidmag
Anyone have this? Like to hear any review about this baby.
asherfox
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of asherfox
Although the trailer shows nothing, magician still feel interested in it. This is the power of acaan.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Did anyone ever get this to be able to give a review
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On 2013-07-20 06:54, takeachance wrote:
Did anyone ever get this to be able to give a review

After 5 Months of no review we can assume that it's not up to much and will be on the next HP 90% off sale
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Ha, looks like jack was correct...it's indeed on sale at HP
Old thread, I know, but does anyone own this?
This is the only thread I find here for this effect...is it rubbish? Good?
Anyone?
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I don't think this ever sold well, a bit confusing as already mentioned and wayyyyy over-priced. Smile

More up to date here...I just picked up a refreshing new take on ACAAN that wonderfully works sorta like the Berglas Effect, Ice Cold ACAAN. It is pretty darn clever, and a young guy out of England has delivered it. It's quite amazing and only $9 bucks! Smile

Some old & new thinking makes this a real winner IMHO. It's virtually no moves to it, and it's pretty darn easy to do too. Smile

www.ellusionist.com/ice-cold-acaan.html
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
A lot of people claim to have come up with new ACAAN over the years, but most of them are just CAAN.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Yes I know, I've been through many of them over the years to find out that they are only CAAN.

A true ACAAN is indeed a special occurrence, I agree...And that's why I mentioned the "Berglas Effect" (as pretty well and simply described above)...That has always been the holy-grail as to the effect. And so, I mentioned this new, "Ice Cold ACAAN" because it really does play like the Berglas Effect of Any Card At Any Number. Smile

There is a deck of cards, a spectator names ANY card, then calls ANY number, and you count down to that number and viola!...That is the selected card. It's pretty much that clean looking too.

Now, I'm sure that Berglas' way was even more diabolically done to produce such an iconic effect, and really that sort of genius is hard to come by... But for $9 bucks, Ice Cold ACAAN is an amazingly effective take on it. Smile I hope people give it a whirl for such a cheap price, it's really well-worth it. Smile

*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
To get an idea as to what this effect is all about, one might like to check this out - http://www.marketplaceofthemind.com/bengeffe.html

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
D_avid
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of D_avid
I don't really perform, but love a good wallet effect. I decided to take the plunge and order this. I read this forum for reviews, thoughts, and opinions, and I think it's only fair that I return the favor.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Mar 21, 2017, Ustaad wrote:
To get an idea as to what this effect is all about, one might like to check this out - http://www.marketplaceofthemind.com/bengeffe.html

Smile

Thanks, Ustaad, that was helpful!
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Mar 21, 2017, Mb217 wrote:
Yes I know, I've been through many of them over the years to find out that they are only CAAN.

A true ACAAN is indeed a special occurrence, I agree...And that's why I mentioned the "Berglas Effect" (as pretty well and simply described above)...That has always been the holy-grail as to the effect. And so, I mentioned this new, "Ice Cold ACAAN" because it really does play like the Berglas Effect of Any Card At Any Number. Smile

There is a deck of cards, a spectator names ANY card, then calls ANY number, and you count down to that number and viola!...That is the selected card. It's pretty much that clean looking too.

Now, I'm sure that Berglas' way was even more diabolically done to produce such an iconic effect, and really that sort of genius is hard to come by... But for $9 bucks, Ice Cold ACAAN is an amazingly effective take on it. Smile I hope people give it a whirl for such a cheap price, it's really well-worth it. Smile

Marion, thanks good recommendation
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
You're most welcome dooblehorn... Smile Just wanted to give credit where it's relatively due here. Ice Cold ACAAN is a wonderful take on ACAAN, pretty easy to do (even for a mostly coin man like myself), at a very cheap price, and quite amazing. Smile
I really highly recommend it. Smile

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Benglas Effect by Taiwan Ben (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL