The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Knife Thrower/Target Person Insurance? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Psycho Reno
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Psycho Reno
I know this topic has been discussed several times on this website before, but I didn't really find what I needed.

I was wondering if anyone knows of performer's insurance that is specific to or covers knife throwers or at least
the target person of the knife thrower.

Thanks.
throwdini
View Profile
New user
New York
19 Posts

Profile of throwdini
Hello, I'm experienced in this matter and the answer is NO, the insurance a performer gets does not cover medical for his/her performing partner. It's liability insurance that covers an issue with the audience or perhaps venue.
Throwdini, http://www.knifethrower.com
Psycho Reno
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Psycho Reno
I couldn’t have asked for a better or more experienced individual to take the time to answer my question. Thank you. I was just wondering because the people I preform with are looking into performers’ insurance, and I knew it was available for their specific acts. That being said I knew I hadn’t ran across any for knife throwers and I wanted to make sure I wasn’t simply overlooking it. Thanks again.
The Curator of the Unusual
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Profile of The Curator of the Unusual
You can get Insurance...It's called "Practice"...
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Rubber knives?

Really thin assistant that is hard to hit?

Do it really close.

Switch real assistant for an inflatable doll? Ok this one would not work on the basis that she may trump or even burst if hit by knife.

I'd go with Throwdini's info over mine! It's just a shame for such an interesting topic to be 'killed' by one useful answer ..... I want more from Mr Throdini ....off to spend the day on his web site.

Thanks for the link Sir
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1493 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Dave, you do get around the forum, get back to where you belong at the All Tied Up! area and leave these people alone.
one quick question,
Does the target person have to keep their eyes open while the knife is coming at them?
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Ian I like the guys over here! Not really anything from 'our trolls' other than the occasional one liner.

Check out Mr Throwdini ....... He is really good knows his stuff and is a great performer. Lots of skill! Watch his slow motion video clip of cutting a cucumber on his assistants arm with a throwing knife! Absolutely fantastic!
Cindi
View Profile
Loyal user
Palm Bch, FL
285 Posts

Profile of Cindi
"Does the target person have to keep their eyes open while the knife is coming at them?"

They don;'t have to. But most I have dealt with keep their eyes wide open to see what direction the Knife is going.
:eek:

Cindi
throwdini
View Profile
New user
New York
19 Posts

Profile of throwdini
Oops, just saw this post again and need to make a humble correction. I, Throwdini, hereby declare I'd never stoop so low as to perform the infamous "intergalactic vegematic cucumber stunt of the year (ater yea, after year)" induction. Please don't confuse me with or associate me with such poor amateurnonsense.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
I sense reverse hyperbole!
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Eric the Excellent
View Profile
Loyal user
Montana
234 Posts

Profile of Eric the Excellent
Hypobole?

(Turns out my dumb pun fell flat on it's face, since it's a real thing. Who knew, eh?)
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Erm sorry Mr Throwdini. I was sure it was you I had seen on you tube.

Please accept y apologies, it looks like I may have seen Jack Dagger http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GYs1E5AAay8 doing it.

But ..... I can't quite believe what I saw on you youtube video. "Veiled wheel of death" ...... Wow ...you du man! That's insane...... In a highly skilled and great show kind of way! Here is the link if you have not seen it peeps (not peeps the yellow marshmallow pieces shaped like chicken .... Smile but pees as in people) http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e8lcloIEgH4
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Double whoops! Changes added

Quote:
On 2013-03-07 07:54, dave_matkin wrote:
Erm sorry Mr Throwdini. I was sure it was you I had seen on you tube.

Please accept my apologies, it looks like I may have seen Jack Dagger http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GYs1E5AAay8 doing it.

But ..... I can't quite believe what I saw on you youtube video. "Veiled wheel of death" ...... Wow ...you du man! That's insane...... In a highly skilled and great show kind of way! Here is the link if you have not seen it peeps (not peeps the yellow marshmallow pieces shaped like chicken .... Smile but peeps as in people) http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e8lcloIEgH4
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Quote:
On 2013-03-06 17:06, Harley Newman wrote:

There goes that word again! Hyperbole. You use it so much, I don't think it means what I think you think it means... I think.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On 2013-03-07 15:07, thegreatnippulini wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-03-06 17:06, Harley Newman wrote:

There goes that word again! Hyperbole. You use it so much, I don't think it means what I think you think it means... I think.

Is it not the final game in the NFL (ha football with hands! Smile and pads!) .......
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
..and helmets.
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
You need a box then!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Knife Thrower/Target Person Insurance? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL