The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Excited to have Joined (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

b0sl0q7
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of b0sl0q7
Hi everyone,

I just joined and am really excited to be a member. I am a huge magic enthusiast. I am am amateur, but I have been doing this for a long time and love it. I attend as many lectures as I can and love talking magical theory. I am more about presentation than I am secrets, but love it all!! Hope to talk to you all soon!!!!

Jamie
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Hello 'dere' (that's Yooperese--from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan!

WELCOME~~~You're the first in awhile to even mention the word: PRESENTATION. Congratulations! You have won a worn out electric deck (blown fuse), 2lbs of torn tissue paper from Cecil Lyle Paper Hat trick, plus a dozen used hat coils! Must be picked
in person, not later than yesterday.

Where are you located? U.S.A.?
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
crash1992
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of crash1992
Welcome b0sl0q7!! Glad you joined.

Dick: your post made me chuckle
b0sl0q7
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of b0sl0q7
Thanks for the welcome! I am from New Jersey!!

Yeah I spent years learning super tough tricks. then I would go see a pro and he would do a rubber band trick, ambitious card, and coins across. It was then that I realized to be great its about performing and presentation. Not about one handed fans!! Ever since I have been a student of presentation ad theory!!
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
Quote:
On 2013-03-05 17:24, crash1992 wrote:
Welcome b0sl0q7!! Glad you joined.

Dick: your post made me chuckle

We don't call him, Chuckles Oslund for nothing.

So how do you pronounce, "b0sl0q7"? Welcome to the Café....
b0sl0q7
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of b0sl0q7
Thanks! I pronounce it with a silent 7. Lol
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I was in a goofy mood this afternoon, and coldn't resist the opportunity to have a bit of fun...Hope I didn't insult bOslOq7 (that's hard to type!)too much.

It was a 'breath of fresh air' reading your OP, bOs--- Only one thing...please talk WITH us not TO us. Hee Hee
When I was 19 +, I worked on the SKILL stuff, but also was concerned with PRESENTATION. As I matured, I eased up on the skills and put much more emphasis on the presentation.

The old pro's back then, were contantly saying; "IT AINT WHAT YOU DO, IT'S HOW YOU DO IT!" It just took me a little while to really undertand their statement.

Thanks for the good thoughts...

Chuckles (?)
b0sl0q7
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of b0sl0q7
Hi Dick,

I wasn't insulted at all, I laughed myself!!! Glad to be talking with you!!! Smile
Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Special user
Razorback Country
544 Posts

Profile of Stephon Johnson
Welcome, "silent 7". Good to have you.
You are right to give presentation higher standing. I think we have ALL seen examples of "skillfully executed CRAP".
The best lesson to learn is that the spectator doesn't know if what just happened was due to insanely skilled hands or what. BUT they WILL KNOW whether they enjoyed what they just saw; and whether they want to see more...or try to slash their wrist with the card you just revealed!
...although, it's great misdirection for a top change...
Again, welcome!
WHAT IF you wake up tomorrow with ONLY the things that you THANK GOD for today?
crash1992
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of crash1992
[quote]
The old pro's back then, were contantly saying; "IT AINT WHAT YOU DO, IT'S HOW YOU DO IT!" It just took me a little while to really undertand their statement.

The pros are correct. Magic is not my only passion. I race cars with my dad and my instructors would tell me, "If a lap looks slow, your are running smooth. Running smooth leads to faster lap times. Speed comes after smooth control. Smooth control comes after confidence. Confidence comes after practice." Sounds like a mouth full but they were right.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome b0sl0q7,

Is that a family name?

I've never seen it spelled that way.

-Mary Mowder
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Stephon>>>Great line::: (skillfully executed CRAP) --Yes! Over the years, I've seen a lot of that!

Crash>>> Interesting!!! It appears that every profession has its own way of stating basic truths.

People are always saying to me: "Drive carefully!", and I have a stock answer: "Why? --I have insurance!"

MARY!!! Wee gotta be karfull polit an dipplomatik. speling iz a mattr of pursnl preffrns! its a phree kuntry...didnt youse nevr lurn nuttin about fonicks?? I membr goin too skool until I was eddicated beeyon my intelijens. beesids Iff hee wance to misspel his one name that's hiz biznes. so thair
b0sl0q7
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of b0sl0q7
Hi everyone,

I know everyone is really curious. Smile So, I just wanted to unveil the mystery of my user name b0sl0q7. It means nothing! It is an old work ID number I used to have. For years I used magicwiz for everything and then as the internet got bigger it was often taken. I chose b0sl0q7 because I knew I would remember it and it would never be taken. If I have too many ID's and could never remember which was for which site! It feels great to get that off my chest!! lol
Dr. TORA
View Profile
Inner circle
TURKEY
1439 Posts

Profile of Dr. TORA
Hi Jamie,
Let me welcome you to our beautiful Café. As you have noticed it is one of a kind;unique.Absolutely the best the best place about magic ever.You will find this as a invaluable source that you can not buy even with money. The people are so friendly as well as being helpful.The Café is such a the unique place for Magic. It is ever expanding and has over 52.000 members throughout the world. It will make a great contribution to your magic perspective. Do not forget to post often. You will find many new friends and many new ideas here. I predict you will like the Café.Please grab a chair and begin to type your next post while you have a cup of strong Turkish coffee on my bill.
We are glad that you have joined us.
Magically Yours,

OZLEN TUNCER /Dr.TORA

Have you visited my new Website in English, yet?

www.magictora.com or www.torasmagic.com
b0sl0q7
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of b0sl0q7
Hi Tora,

Thanks for the welcome!! So far I love it and have read some good threads! There seems to be a lifetime of knowledge in all these threads!

Thanks!!
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
OK magicwiz (that's a lot easier to pronounce.)

Now, you're "out of the nest"!

See you around the lot (circus talk)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Excited to have Joined (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL