The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » DEL RAY (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Yes, Del used some electronics. But he could blow you away with the slight of hand stuff. I saw him fry the guys at Fetchers for over 2 hours. At one point, he switched a card out right under the nose of Jay Marshall. Jay just remarked "that wasn't the card I saw there!"

Most guys didn't realize that he could start and stop the mechanics as needed so he could get the most "play" out of a routine. His dry wit and sense of timing was remarkable Something that one only learns from thousands of shows.

He was unique and I doubt if we ever see anyone like him again. A product of stage shows, nightclubs, hospitality suites, and a brand of magic that was developed by merging all three. I fondly recall and cherish everytime I saw him work.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Rimbaud
View Profile
Loyal user
Saint Louis
291 Posts

Profile of Rimbaud
I managed to see him exactly once. It was at the 1983 Midwest Magic Jubilee in St. Louis. To this day, he close up act was, by far, the single best performance by a magician I've seen.

Del Ray was just...extraordinary. What a beautiful act.
http://www.DanLaddthehypnotist.com
"Saying 'Everyone is special' is just another way of saying 'No one is.'" --Dash from The Incredibles
Magic.J.Manuel
View Profile
Special user
I have danced upon
663 Posts

Profile of Magic.J.Manuel
You can see the box pops back up on the table after the fans, about 4:10 min in.

I was lucky enough to get to one of the Atlanta Harvest Conventions and saw Del Ray, Slydini, Al Goshman, and many other greats.
Nothing would get done at all, if man waited so long that no one could find fault with it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » DEL RAY (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL